The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much says what I think is happening. The truck has been running ok. It is a dump truck I borrowed from a friend.(should have known better). I ran it every day for a week or so, but it has been sitting for 3 or 4 weeks, BUT, I have been cranking it every 3 or 4 days with no problem. Until 3 days ago. It started up fine, I was running it at fast idle to build air pressure(there's a leak on the tank somewhere). As soon as the "engine warning light" goes off it starts running very rough, and dies, unless I rev it up to 1800 rpm or so. The "engine warning light" comes on when the key is turned on, and I am assuming when it goes off, the engine computer is going into closed loop control. It can be restarted and the same thing happens again. I can keep it running but it blows black smoke when it is running rough. I have driven it up to 30 mph, but when I slow back down, it tries to die, and does sometime. I'm not a diesel expert by any means. I have diesels tractors, but only one is new enough to have computer systems. I need to get the truck fixed before my friend needs it back. I HATE borrowing stuff.:( Would appreciate ANY ideas/suggestions. Gary

1 - 1 of 1 Posts