The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 F250 that I just got in Nov. I took it to a buddys house and he tinted my windows for me. He called me and told me he noticed that my tail lights were on and wouldn't go off. He showed me when he turned my truck off and pulled the key out of the ignition the tail lights come on and wouldn't turn off. Drove the truck home and wife followed me. Brake lights work, blinkers all work, tail lights work. Got home and turned the head light switch over to automatic and the tail lights went off at the house. Came out this morning and the tail lights were on again. Ended up pulling fuse 14 and 15 and tail lights went out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It is the tail lights and not the brake lights.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Interesting. I have had some gremlins in the past. All my problems pointed to the wire bundles above/near the parking break. The dealer actually found a pin partially pulled and shorting out my rear heated seats. There is also a bundle that runs through there that is a main bus control for one of the many computers...a big grey connector IIRC. It could be loose, triggering the lights??

Cale

·
Registered
148 Posts
Interesting. I have had some gremlins in the past. All my problems pointed to the wire bundles above/near the parking break. The dealer actually found a pin partially pulled and shorting out my rear heated seats. There is also a bundle that runs through there that is a main bus control for one of the many computers...a big grey connector IIRC. It could be loose, triggering the lights??

Cale
Interesting situation, good thing it doesn't cause more issues on wiring.

To OP, update us what you found out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was actually fuse 13 and 14 that I pulled out. I put the fuses back in that night and have not had anymore issues with the tail lights coming on. Yet......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts