The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two Questions regarding my tailgate on my 2017 F350 SRW lariat with ultimate package.
1). How do you lock the tailgate ?
2). When truck is running I cannot open the tailgate from the tailgate latch, I have to use key fob to open it. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you able to open the other doors on the truck? You should be able to open it if you hit the unlock button on the door or shut the truck off. If that is the case the auto lock feature is turned on.
If you scroll through the settings on the instrument panel you will find the auto lock/unlock there. It's the gear icon. Then go to advanced settings. You can turn it on and off as well as the auto unlock.
If auto lock is on it locks the doors at somewhere around 10 mph, then unlocks when you shut the truck off, if the auto unlock feature is on. If auto lock is on and auto unlock is off you have to manually unlock the doors. It's the newer electrical version of child safety locks. No more lever on the door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the doors unlocked, you push the button under the tailgate handle:|
That seems like the obvious thing to do. But for some reason that doesn't work. The button under the steering column doesn't work either, only the keyfob. Those buttons work when the truck is turned off just fine. Ill try messing with the setting mentioned above and see what happens. frustrating to not be able to get tailgate opened.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
That seems like the obvious thing to do. But for some reason that doesn't work. The button under the steering column doesn't work either, only the keyfob. Those buttons work when the truck is turned off just fine. Ill try messing with the setting mentioned above and see what happens. frustrating to not be able to get tailgate opened.
Strange, as my button on the dash will not work with the engine running, but pushing the handle works fine

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mine is the same as to OP - if the engine is running I can not open the tailgate. I have not tried it with the key fob as yet though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Same with me. Its aggravating!!! I don't like this electric gate AT ALL!!! i've had to get the fob out most of the time to open it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well i just tried the door lock thing. It worked for me. Doors must be unlocked.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts