The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I bought a 1988 F250 7.3L a few weeks ago am planning on turning her into a grease truck. She has dual tanks and is currently running great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am pretty new to diesels and am having a hard time finding a manual for it. I bought a kit from Greasel and wondering if anybody out there has taken this route? Also I believe this truck is a Direct Injection, but not sure. It looks to me that the lines from the injector pump run right into the top of the cylinders, is this considered direct injection? Also having a hard time finding the fuel selector valve (where the fuel is switched from one tank to another) anybody know where this is located.
Thanks Greasers, keep on greasin.
-j

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Welcome to the greasy life... What you have is an IDI, or indirect injection. Should work fine on grease as long as you get it heated up good. Not sure where the fuel selector valve is on that year. It's a switch on the dash on later years. I've heard the greasel kits are good, but haven't seen one up close. You should be able to get the factory manuals at HELM

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info JOAT. Umm, I know the fuel selector switch is on the dash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, I'm looking for the valve on the fuel lines that the switch connects to. I'll trace the lines out, gotta be there somewhere. Thanks again.
-j

· Registered
894 Posts
If I were to make a bet, I believe you'll find it between the front and rear tanks, on the drivers side frame rail. Just a guess.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info JOAT. Umm, I know the fuel selector switch is on the dash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, I'm looking for the valve on the fuel lines that the switch connects to. I'll trace the lines out, gotta be there somewhere. Thanks again.
-j

[/ QUOTE ]

Selector, valve, it's all the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif Guess I should read more carefully.

Like CPUNeck said, probably near the tanks, and six hoses connected

· Registered
1,534 Posts
I'd lay money on it being right above the tranny cross member, on the drivers frame rail, in the most difficult spot to get too, even harder if its a 4x4....

Diesel Rod

· Registered
894 Posts
Of course 444dieselrod, what wuz I thinkin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif It probably is in the most difficult place, mounted backwards and upside down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh wait, it's not something I'm trying to do, so he might be alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, i'll find it, i know i will, if only i had a lift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Looks like me and the creaper are gonna be good friends for a while.
-j

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.