The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Administrator:

Received a message on the iPhone Autoguide app saying the administrator forgot to update Tapatalk or something to that effect. I didn't write it down as I figured you guys would be all over it. I have not been able to see a thread on the iPhone since that message this morning. Please update whatever you have to so it works again. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the message I'm getting. My Autoguide is still not working.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope - whenever I try to load a thread, I get the little circle of death spinning in the center of the screen with "loading..." at the top. It never loads, though...

·
Premium Member
15,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK - did that and I can view the forum. However, on the app store there are two choices. AutoGuide Free and Autoguide.com Free. The second one had the same picture as the one I deleted, except now I am getting ad after ad. I had purchased the ad free version earlier. How do I get that back?

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Hi guys,

The newer version of the app is the AutoGuide.com, according to the icon. The text under should read "AutoGuide Free (autoguide.com)"

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 11.50.30 AM.jpg

Cheers,
Sheena

·
Premium Member
15,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK - downloaded that one. Ready for some feedback? I don't know if you have access to the guys who wrote that one, but if you do please punch him in the nose. Then ask him if he could do a few things.

First - there doesn't appear to be a "back" arrow. If you go to new posts, then go into a message, you can't go back to the list of new posts. You literally have to go back through the menu and load all the new posts again.

Second - there doesn't appear to be a way to have it show the last post in each thread. With the old app, you could set it up that way and peruse the latest comment without having to go into the thread. Now, it just shows up in the new posts and you have to go in, navigate to the last post only to find some numbnutz added a smiley face or something.

I get the feeling the person who wrote this is a brilliant software guy who doesn't spend any time on the forums.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I had that message s couple of days ago, and just used my browser to bypass the autoguide app.

Now all is good now. Looked, my version is 3.6.58

·
Premium Member
15,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well - I'm hosed now. The admin had me delete mine and reinstall it. Unfortunately, the paid app - which I had - is no longer available. My choices now are a dysfunctional new version that is next to impossible to navigate or the old version complete with annoying pop ups every time you blink.

Thanks admin!

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Well - I'm hosed now. The admin had me delete mine and reinstall it. Unfortunately, the paid app - which I had - is no longer available. My choices now are a dysfunctional new version that is next to impossible to navigate or the old version complete with annoying pop ups every time you blink.

Thanks admin!

Me too on my iPad. I hate those ads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
The back button is being worked out now as it is only on IOS, there is a setting that allows you to have the last post first in the options menu. The new one is ad free to supporting members without having to pay

Kyle

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
My AutoGuide app on my phone (iOS) is still ad free. When I bought my iPad and installed it from the cloud, it has ads between posts.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Yes the app on my phone was purchased at least a year ago, probably more like 2. I just bought my iPad last month.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I remember paying for the app on my phone. When I bought my iPad, and went to the App Store, it had a cloud with a down arrow so I figured it was the same.

When I opened it on my iPad it has an ad at the bottom of any thread I open.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
I remember paying for the app on my phone. When I bought my iPad, and went to the App Store, it had a cloud with a down arrow so I figured it was the same.

When I opened it on my iPad it has an ad at the bottom of any thread I open.
It doesn't ring a bell for me... but is it forum runner?

I believe if you go into your App Store you can look at all your purchase history.

Lee

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Both apps are auto guide.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts