The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the know, is there a simple tuner that I can plug in to allow me to lock the TC at low idle. And for those that want to know, yes, I want to be able to put the pickup in 4 low and lock the TC so it will crawl without stopping. I know it sounds dumb, but it is so I can feed cattle. I'm getting tired of crawling off the back, getting in the cab to drive it over an ant hill, or frozen cow chip, and then having to get back on the back just in time to do it all over again.

thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
For those in the know, is there a simple tuner that I can plug in to allow me to lock the TC at low idle. And for those that want to know, yes, I want to be able to put the pickup in 4 low and lock the TC so it will crawl without stopping. I know it sounds dumb, but it is so I can feed cattle. I'm getting tired of crawling off the back, getting in the cab to drive it over an ant hill, or frozen cow chip, and then having to get back on the back just in time to do it all over again.

thanks
That what the hired hand is for>:) Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I can't say much about tuners either, I don't have any experience with them...Mark kovalsky is the transmission guru on these blogs though. I f he sees this maybe he'll chime in with a solution. I hope you get this worked out...it sounds like a lot of extra work the way it's going now.

·
Super Moderator
12,019 Posts
I doubt there is a tuner that does this. But there are many custom tuners around. One of them would probably be able to do this. I know what needs to change in the software to do it, and it is so simple it's almost trivial. But I don't have any equipment to do it, so I can't get it done.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
How about a simple switch?

·
Super Moderator
12,019 Posts
Will a switch work on the 5R110W? I don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts