The Diesel Stop banner

Temp gauge

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RT 
#1 ·
The other day just notice this well driving. Looked down at the temp gauge well in traffic and saw that the gauge was at a low temp point. Then when started moving again it moved up but never got to normal range, slowed down and the temp went cool again. When I got home I did let it idle for 5 min or so and the temp stayed at the low point.
I did check the coolant level and oil and both are good. All the other gauges are were they should be. Where or what should I check first. Also just this past weekend I was pulling my travel trailer but I didn't notice the gauge. I have notice it feels like I lost some power to the truck.

#2 ·
Cooling too well in the middle of a heat wave. We're probably the only group that hears that complaint. My first guess would be your thermostat is stuck open - my second is that your sensor took a dive.

#3 ·
Thanks, I thought about that also.
Crap had plans this weekend. Just asking would it be ok to drive? It would be a drive from the Bay Area, south to L A and back. Just had to ask.

#4 ·
It's your truck sending you a message -- "DON'T GO TO L.A." :lol:

Trust me on that. I've been there. :thdown:

#5 ·
It won't hurt to drive it - just decreased efficiency. Won't the green police get you in LA?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.