The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly standard 08 F250 6.4 diesel. I do not have a dual alternator. The truck has 85,000 miles on it and I noticed a minor belt squeak a few days ago on start up. I prefer to be proactive on maintenance, I would like to replace the belts, tensioner and idler pulleys. I know the truck has 2 sets (A/C and Accessories or inner & outer). A few years ago one tensioner started to fail and was replaced under warranty. I asked the dealer to replace the belt and idlers at the same time if I paid for the parts, but they refused unless I payed the entire bill including replacement of the warranty parts.

I have the Alldata DIY manual subscription so I have their parts list, but when I visit Ford Parts, the selections are more complicated.

So my question is this; how do I know which parts to buy? There is a multitude of parts and configurations it seems. I figured the single vs. dual alternators would have been the only options when tackling this effort, but when reviewing the parts, it seems there are other options.

Thoughts or advice?

OJ

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
This are the parts number you need for your truck

(on edit) can't understand how my screen shot are always too small.

idler pulley - 19A216
tensioner assy -6B209

A/C tentioner - 6B209

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts