The Diesel Stop banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,078 Posts
You can't figure out fuel economy by going by the gauge.

If you could do that I'd be getting 40-50 mpg on one half and 5 mpg on the other half, you need to do the math by dividing the miles driven by the fuel used.

This is presuming that your odometer is calibrated to your tire size and is correct.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
9,078 Posts
I just seen where you say that you are pushing 7psi of boost, that sounds high to me for driving at 1800 rpm.

While my truck is 96 I am only running around 2 psi of boost at 70 at around 2100 rpms with 4:10 gears. This is on a flat road.

Reactions: Big Horn

· Super Moderator
9,078 Posts
What gears do you have in your truck?

Even mine with 4:10's is only around 2500 rpm's at 80 mph

Reactions: ArcticDriver

· Super Moderator
9,078 Posts
Anyone saying they are getting 14-20 is just messing with you. They don't and never have. If they insist borrow it and drive it for a tank. I have the identical truck and mods and know plenty of others with the same thing. I drove it on the highway at 70 once and got 11. I'll never do that again. Boring. I get 8-9 mpg and I'm happy with that. Prior trucks had 460 and 454 gas engines and were 4-6 mpg so I'm thrilled. 38 gallon tank at 9 is 342 miles.
I average 17 mpg on the freeways. The best I ever got was 22 hand calculated. Towing or loaded I can still get better than 10 mpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.