The Diesel Stop banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
25,072 Posts
You should be seeing around 5 psi boost at highway speeds on level ground. How high does it get when you actually put a load on it. If you can't get it up to around 12-14 psi when you accelerate up a fairly steep hill.
Are you calculating mileage manually, or using the overhead display. The latter can be wildly wrong with a tune loaded.
Could be you have an exhaust restriction (Exhaust Back Pressure Valve partially closed.)

· Administrator
25,072 Posts
Minimum fuel pressure per Ford is 35 psi, but optimum is 65 psi. It shouldn't fall much at all when under load.

· Administrator
25,072 Posts
My lifetime average is right around 15 mpg. Has been as low a 6 mpg driving into a headwind with a camper on and trailer behind, but yes, you should get better than 10 mpg.

· Administrator
25,072 Posts
Are you running all the time with overdrive disabled? But even that would only affect mileage at higher speeds, and you said you get single digits around town. Maybe you just got a "special production" model. :(

· Administrator
25,072 Posts
If I can get 5000 miles out of a set of pads and rotors that's economy.
:oops: Remind me to stay away from your neighborhood!

I used to drag race my truck, and still got better mileage than you're reporting. My brakes last way longer too. I'm at 250k miles and on my second set of pads.

I think this thread has run it's course. It originally sounded like you were complaining about poor fuel economy, but has degenerated into the political arena. Close to further posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.