The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I just got some bucket seats for the truck in my sig and the bolt holes for the buckets are not in the floor pan at all...not even capped. I have one bolt on each side that I can use. It had split bench before and the buckets are out of a 95 truck just like mine. Tomorrow I plan on drilling holes in the floor and bolting them in anyway but I wanted to hear from some of my technical advisers first (that would be you guys!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just drill the holes and bolt them in or is there some unforeseen drama waiting just over the horizon if I do this?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I would add some large square back up plates on the underside.
Say 2"x2" 3/16" steel. That way there is a lot more meat to hold them from pulling through should the truck ever become wrong side up.
Rick H...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I've had several seats in and out of trucks from about '88 through '95... even Taurus seats (won't do that again)

DEFINITELY be careful and use a drill stop if you have one, and, use some backing to span a large area with your new holes, even a big washer under the floor will not be enough in an accident to hold the seat in place. At least use some heavy plate, angle / channel, something to reinforce the area.

Strange that the floor wouldn't be common, that doesn't make sense, but, doesn't surprise me!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotter done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Grade bolts and some 2" washers, drilled the holes and bolted them in. Had to get under the heat shield on the passenger side and that was the hardest part since the thing was riveted in some spots that were real hard to get to with a drill...

Thanks for the advice guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts