The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BFGoodrich KM3 Mud-Terrain Tire Testing | Off-Road.com

Last December, after accepting the invitation, we found ourselves on a plane to Georgia. Our small group discretely drove through sections of the Durhamtown Off-Road Resort and plowed through plenty of fresh mud (thanks to recent heavy rains) on the current KM2 Mud-Terrain tires and the in-development KM3 (which we now have permission to officially call the KM3). The experience was great, provided us with insight into the tire design and exactly what BFGoodrich engineers are looking to accomplish with the new tire, and it provided BFG with a gauge on their progress from racers and journalists... continue reading

What would you like to see from BFG's next generation mud-terrain?

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome did they quiet down more? Feel them in floor board on slow sharp turns?
We can't answer these as we didn't get an opportunity to test these personally, but you can submit your questions at the end of the article linked in the OP and I'm sure the author will get back to you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Side wall looks the same as the new all-terain KO2 All New BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2 3 Sidewall - Photo 64494825 - All New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 in the Works

i just found that interesting, I have put about 8k on my KO2s so far. Heavy truck, flooded swamp, 2 1/2' water crossing, hours on end going 85mph on the highway, snow storm in the mountains of West Virginia and pulling 10k of tractor a couple times i have never gotten stuck and never been less than confident in them. I dont do burnouts and stuff but i do work them and they show almost no signs of wear. my only complaint is that they are a little on the loud side, meaning at times i can hear them over the sound of my 7.3psd. Deffinatly will get another set when I wear these out. That said these are the all-terrain KO2s, the KM3 being a mud tire cannot be expected to last as long on asphalt but given my experience with the new KO2s and BFG in general i will deffinatly be getting a set of these for my hunting truck when i get it.

Reactions: Discount Tire

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for sharing your experience with the KO2, Relentless007. It appears BFG is adding their CoreGuard (sidewall design you mentioned) to all of their off-road tire models.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Have the KM2 Mud Terrains. The KM3s with that center section look like they might be quieter. These are new so I'll have to wait. The price is painful enough when you need them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts