The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading some threads today and saw a couple where I could really use the old FAQ's that were around before this update and change of format.

So is there any update on if or when or are you even looking at getting them back for us??????????????????

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad but true

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll also ask about the alert notifications.

That little red dot is still one of the hardest things to see. Isn't there anything you can do to improve it with all these improvements that have been done to the site?

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you came up with the time to fix bugs and other issues.

How about the old FAQ's

·
Administrator
1,330 Posts
So I was reading some threads today and saw a couple where I could really use the old FAQ's that were around before this update and change of format.

So is there any update on if or when or are you even looking at getting them back for us??????????????????
Since there are a few of these FAQs that are now outdated, what sections do you believe still relevant and needing an answer. Should we create a forum section to help facilitate room for these, or would you rather them resatored as their own section?

I'll also ask about the alert notifications.

That little red dot is still one of the hardest things to see. Isn't there anything you can do to improve it with all these improvements that have been done to the site?
The red dot should only appear when you have an alert, but some of our alerts are disappearing or getting double triggered. This is a bug we're working on fixing.

Thank you for your patience as we build out resolutions to features requested, and as we squash stubborn bugs.
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since it has been a while since I have seen them I'll try and remember which ones that were really helpful but I would like to see the whole old FAQ's brought back.

The 94.5-97 Tricks and ????, this area had a lot of information on the older trucks and even ones up to 2003.

The Article section. This had a lot of DIY and information that will never be outdated. Perhaps no one with a 2008 and newer truck would use them but you have a lot of members here that have the older trucks.

Here are a few that I had bookmarked with their old url's but we lost.

The 1996 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual (http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/maint/stj/stji1001.htm)

97-15A 7.3L DI Turbo Workshop Manual (http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/tsb/tsb/sia/siamain.htm)

BAZ's PAGES. Home Page (http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/stevebaz/index.htm)

I would have more but before the change over I could just go up to the old FAQ's and get the information that I needed to pass on to others that were having problems. That is where it wold be nice to get the whole section brought back.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I agree - just bring back EVERYTHING you can. After a few months, you'll probably be able to tell which ones are most-important by the number of page hits.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
The old 94-97 Trouble Spots had a lot of TSBs. There was a section on the 94 PCED. The section on PCM code information. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
25,337 Posts
One that was also a go-to in the 94-97 FAQ section was Downloads. Had things like an HPOP Troubleshooting Guide for 7.3L, as well as an International-Ford PN interchange list. Valuable stuff for the guys with trucks of drinking age.
I agree that they should all be restored.
Most of the stuff isn't easily adaptable to a forum style page, but should be made available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts