The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deeregreen originally posted this topic back in August. It must have been quite a success (went on for 4 pages). Now that the original players are outside washing and spit-shining their new trucks, I was hoping to resurrect this race once again.

I ordered my truck on <u>Nov 13th</u>. At that time, I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks (standard stuff for the know-it-all salesman). That means expected delivery about mid-January.

Who else has recently ordered a SuperDuty? What were you told at time of order?

Let the games begin! Hope I beat ya!

If you're a glutten, <click here> to read the original posting. You'll need some coffee and a box of kleenex. Quite a bit of crying about order delays.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've still got my box of kleenex, however I have to use it to clean up after driving my truck.......

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told my Superduty would take 6-7 weeks from order to delivery, and it will be delivered right on schedule!! I placed my order on Oct 29th. After a two week wait, I had a VIN# and an expected delivery scheduled for the week of Dec 17.

Blueovalnews.com shows the following:

Receipt Date: 10/31/2007
Serialize Date: 11/1/2007
Segment Date: 11/1/2007
Sequence Date: 11/10/2007
Blend Date: 11/19/2007
Produced Date: 11/28/2007
Gate Release Date: 11/29/2007
Ship Date: 11/29/2007
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

It's on its way!!

I would go crazy waiting 12-14 weeks. But, on the other hand, I think it's worth the wait to get EXACTLY what you want. Good luck with your order.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey OlForder,
I was also part of the original race. My truck took 15 weeks. I do remember the race. I tell you what. Being able to vent everyday on here was what helped me keep my sanity. I know it sounds crazy but I was wanting my truck bad. It sure was worth the wait. I love my truck. I also like watching people check it out. It gives me a sense of pride. My wife says that it is our second mortgage. She likes it but she is wanting a pool and this is putting a cramp on her spending. Good luck on your wait. If you can't find Kleenex use toilet paper, it comes on a roll and is easily dispensable when needed.LMAO

·
Registered
556 Posts
I remember the race and almost thought i might get in on it... but no, though it was fun to read and hope i wouldnt be in that some boat.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also like watching people check it out. It gives me a sense of pride. </div></div>Heh.... I enjoy that also... but when they are crossing the street and look and see it berring down on them they freeze like a deer in headlights and go into this trance.... almost hit one today, laid on the horn and the guy looked and saw the honda next to me and moved more into my path...thats another thought it has a horn that belongs on a honda. "beep beep" not "HONK HONK"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...If you can't find Kleenex use toilet paper, it comes on a roll and is easily dispensable when needed.LMAO</div></div>
I had to stare at it a minute, but I think I figured out "LMAO". Good stuff.

Just remember, no fair pointing and laughing at less fortunate souls. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heh.... I enjoy that also... but when they are crossing the street and look and see it berring down on them they freeze like a deer in headlights and go into this trance.... almost hit one today, laid on the horn and the guy looked and saw the honda next to me and moved more into my path...thats another thought it has a horn that belongs on a honda. "beep beep" not "HONK HONK" </div></div>
The guy now has "SUPER DUTY" permanently embossed on his forehead, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I suppose you can buy a "real" horn and swap it out with the original one before you take it in for routine service (so it doesn't void powertrain warranty). Then again, the computer probably records the event and prominently displays the following in the message center:
ALERT! COMPUTER HAS DETECTED OWNER INSTALLED AFTERMARKET HORN! WARRANTY VOIDED! MANUEVER TO A FULL AND COMPLETE STOP. THE VEHICLE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 30 SECONDS.

You guys gotta stop. You see? Now I have to go change my underwear. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
556 Posts
ROFLMAO good one...
^^^^^ try this one :p

·
Registered
414 Posts
It was worth the wait. Good Luck to all you guys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ROFLMAO good one...
^^^^^ try this one :p </div></div>
I give. I had the "LMAO" part but my pee little brain can't get around the "ROF". pm me with the answer so I can sleep tonight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered an F350 V10,CC,KR 6.5 on 16 November 2007 and still no VIN.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idaho_F_Series</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered an F350 V10,CC,KR 6.5 on 16 November 2007 and still no VIN. </div></div>
Well, got my VIN today (Dec 07). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

So, the race is on. Annnnnd, they're OFF . Looks like Jungle_Python is out ahead, but Ol Forder is right on his heels around turn 1 with Idaho_F_Series a distant third. (say preceeding with distinctive Announcer's voice - no, that's not it. Try again) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

One can dream, right?.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Three weeks and no VIN. The good news; the order was accepted Dec 7th. Apparently the V10's are in demand, go figure, in time for the holiday shutdown at KTP. Looks like February...

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Dealer called me on Friday,(Dec 14) stating that my F350 has arrived!! I went down and picked it up today.(Dec 15) What a nice machine. The 6sp (Manual) was well worth the wait. The manual was rumored to have a "grabby" type feel on thier shifts but no such case here, much smoother than I previously anticipated. With only 25 miles on the clock, I can't speak for longevity but it has far exceeded my original expectations!! The ride quality seems to be a lot smoother than my previous 05 F250 Superduty. What a sweet sound made by the Audiophile system, a must have, on the order sheet.

Next Monday will make it seven weeks exactly from order to delivery!! Just what i was promised!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm jealous! Early Christmas present? You shouldn't be allowed to drive it until Christmas day.

Seriously, congrats! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Take photos and post.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, just got my blend date today. Here is my (painstakingly slow) status, as of today: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Receipt Date: 11/13/2007
Serialize Date: 12/6/2007
Segment Date: 12/6/2007
Sequence Date: 12/7/2007
Blend Date: 12/19/2007
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

I also got a copy of my window sticker. Aye caramba!! I forgot how much this puppy is gonna cost me! Thank God almighty for X-Plan pricing. You know with the Holidays here and all, I'll be taking donations from anyone willing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

So it looks like Jungle_Python won this 2nd race, with Idaho_F_Series and me still fighting for 2nd. I need more racers so I can reduce my chances of coming in dead last!

I wish you and your family members have a great Christmas and and happy New Year!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Get back safely!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hey! Congrats to you, Python, and Old-Timer....why don't you put a symbolic Large Box under your Christmas tree for yourself?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaska Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey! Congrats to you, Python, and Old-Timer....why don't you put a symbolic Large Box under your Christmas tree for yourself?</div></div>
Well, that symbolic Large Box only had a lump of coal in it. Lesson learned is don't order a vehicle over the Holidays. Everyone goes home for a month while you stew. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Been a bit nerve-wracking!

But, I just found out my truck has been born. It's birth day was 1/2/2008. I sure hope no one was still hung over from their New Year experiences. Oh Lord, please tell me they put my grill on right side up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Receipt Date: 11/13/2007
Serialize Date: 12/6/2007
Segment Date: 12/6/2007
Sequence Date: 12/7/2007
Blend Date: 12/19/2007
Produced Date: 1/2/2008
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

ps - I'm still looking for donations to help pay for this puppy. Why aren't these pleas working for me? Those Nigerians troll up nut cases every day wanting to throw their hard earned savings at a new can't loose investment, and I can't get one of you to throw a nickle? I thought you guys were my bretheren??? Maybe I need to throw in some sad story about my debilatating terminal illness, or such.

Oh and, happy and safe New Year to all!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OlForder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just found out my truck has been born. It's birth day was 1/2/2008. I sure hope no one was still hung over from their New Year experiences. Oh Lord, please tell me they put my grill on right side up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Maybe I need to throw in some sad story about my debilatating terminal illness, or such.

</div></div>

LOL. Yeah maybe they won't install your steering wheel because you didn't order one!! LOL

You should check with B.O.N. again because many are shipped the day after being built.

Unfortunately I can't sponsor your new F350, I'm already sponsoring one. Nice try though. So what illness do you seem to have?? It appears your thought process is still working well because you ordered a very nice truck!! I hope you'll be as happy with your as I am with mine. It shouldn't be long before that new Super Duty is shining in your driveway. What a great way to start the new year!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jungle_Python</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what illness do you seem to have?</div></div>
All right, all right! I guess it's not too debilatating. Hell, it's probably not very terminal either. It's just the [email protected]& from waiting for my truck. Was just playing the sympathy card for nickles. Hasn't worked though. I gotta come up with a better plan. They're on to me already.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts