The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Goerge c this dealer has never done me wrong,personally i think its all in the salesman, for instance, after the whole ordeal with the truck not being at the rail yard and vopc saying that it is i specifically told the salesman call me either way on sat so at least i know, no call lazy pri<k, anyway would like to have truck by tuesday on my birthday but i know it wont happen, expect to have it before 09's hit the lot, HOPEFULLY!!!!

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be busting their balls tomorrow as I drive through their lot! </div></div>

Now that's the kind of stuff I like doing. LMAO </div></div>

Oh man you kidding me? I live for moments like that lol

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Hey George,

Can we get a picture of the look on their face when you do HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
My dealer is small. Smallist in fact I've ever seen..He has been there for 60 years or so.
What's the worst case for time to get my truck. F350 CC 6.4..Lariet?

·
Banned
7,051 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope this is worth the wait, i will never order a truck from this monkey outfit (ford) agian, ordered on july 1st still no truck.
</div></div>

LA,
I understand his frustrations, but it looks to me that he is blaming Ford Motor company. They have no fault in this.

A little more patience boys, they will all be delivered soon.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Capt,

Did you ask if he had allocation? If he does then figure 6 to 8 weeks. As soon as you get the VIN, post it on blue oval and whatc it from there. The biggest issue you might hit is that the plant might go down for 3 weeks in October. Hopefully you get built before that then it is just shipping. I ordered on 07/03, Ford picked it up on 07/07 and it was produced on 08/23. The ship date was 09/01 and I am waiting for dealer arrival as we speak. Remember that the plant was down for 1 week during my build cycle and they also had a huge lot full of trucks that needed harnesses replaced, that may have impacted my timing.

Receipt Date: 7/7/2007
Serialize Date: 7/19/2007
Segment Date: 7/19/2007
Sequence Date: 7/30/2007
Blend Date: 8/16/2007
Produced Date: 8/23/2007
Gate Release Date: 8/23/2007
Ship Date: 9/1/2007
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
'allocation' is not high on my list. I would rather wait another week to buy from my local dealer with a great deal than buy from someone I will never see again. When I have a problem 'and it will happen eventually' I want my service dept. to stand behind me and help as much as possible. Do you think they will if I buy somewhere else? Hell no! Good things come to those who wait.

I appreciate Bobby's input on this site and there is NO DOUBT in my mind I would buy from him if I was close. However I am 3,000 miles away. That's a little far for a service call. When my truck was in for egr cooler replacement I was given a vehicle to drive until mine was fixed. And the parts dept. bends over backwards to help with whatever I need for my truck or even for the other vehicles in our stable.

One more stupid questions. What does allocation have to do with a truck already built? Your telling me they will special drop ship me a truck from a dealer on the other side of the country but won't an already built truck to my dealer?

·
Banned
7,051 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 'allocation' is not high on my list.</div></div>

It's at the TOP of my list.
While others are agonizing, I'm driving.
Allocation and great dealers usually go hand in hand. The more gross sales history they have with Ford, the more units they are allocated.
I am sure you could have found a dealer within driving distance that would have had you in the seat by now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
You haven't explained allocation. They only sell them so many trucks? Ship them so many? Let them order so many? One good thing about not having my truck yet I have put 5K miles on my '05 and the value hasn't changed one bit. I figure I'm just making the new one last a little longer on the other end. Don't really 'need' the new truck yet anyway. I want it now no doubt but as busy as we are it would just sit in the driveway for the next 2-3weeks.

·
Banned
7,051 Posts
How can you say that allocation isn't at the top of your list if you don't understand the consequences? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
Next time you order, your first question should be "do you guys have allocation for this order"?..

Bobby can correct me if I'm wrong, but Ford allocates the amount of units it sells to each dealer based on their sales performance history. It's not that Ford will turn away an order, but rather making sure that the trucks are dispersed fairly.
Dealers who sell more units will get more units than a mom & pop dealership. So, if your dealer has sold you a new truck, but their assigned allocation has already been sold, you go to the back of the line until all allocated orders for other dealerships are built.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
That's odd, wasn't my truck built before yours?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Scottb NY,

I hope you get yours soon. Mine was shipped three days behind it.

Lee

Receipt Date: 7/19/2007
Serialize Date: 7/19/2007
Segment Date: 7/19/2007
Sequence Date: 7/30/2007
Blend Date: 8/16/2007
Produced Date: 8/22/2007
Gate Release Date: 8/31/2007
Ship Date: 9/4/2007
Arrival Date:
Sold Date: 9/2/2007

·
Registered
191 Posts
George,
How does allocation come to play when the trucks are being built at the same time? Are you telling us that your dealership has an allocation, therefore my truck sits and waits at the plant, and yours is shipped. I could understand if a dealer was not allocated, then the orders would be pushed back or held. Can you or Bobby give a clearer answer about allocation.

LAJones

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm going to ask my sales guy. Who by the way has been with this dealer for 20years so I would think he knows the game.

He's going to call me tommorrow to check on my order..

I'm hopeing he has clout with Ford cause their the same owners since the beginning of the dealership 60years ago.. Lot's of dealers come and go..change names etc. maybe this will be in my favor.

·
Banned
7,051 Posts
LA, if your truck is built, allocation does not come into play. If it's ready to roll, Ford and your dealer want to sell it and get it on the road....
Allocation comes into play when KTP pulls the orders.

I don't know what to tell you. I can't remember ever hearing anybody with this kind of crap happening. If I were you, I would quit talking to your salesman and go and find the dealership's owner and ask him for some clear cut answers while you are patiently waiting for them in his office.
And, you're not leaving until you have a firm delivery date.
That's how I would play it...

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
From what I have heard, I should be driving by Friday

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im getting my truck tomorrow on my B-day, called the dealer first thing this morning he said it came in on Sunday, hmmmmmm....... vopc told me it was already there and it happened to be there, very intresting, f^<kem im getting my truck, i will still use there service dept but never again will i use the sales end of it, i will post pics as soon as i get some up.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My truck came in today. AHHHHHHHH

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
see, the waiting paid off

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
You are correct, all things come to those who wait. It's great to know we will all be in our new Fords by Friday.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts