The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,no more thinking.I am getting a jeep.Just don't know when or what yet.What I do know is I want a 4.0 an manual tranny.What years should I keep away from.I plan on using this as a daily driver 64 mile round trip to work at 65-70MPH.I also know I want to upgrade the hubs first off to manual hubs.I have no problem getting out and locking them in before hitting trails.Don't want a mud bogger or rock crawler.More a pavement pounder with occasional Trail rides with maybe some casual mud holes but nothing like the crap that ate my freaking deuce and a half several years ago!Don't want to spend a fortune on the jeep to buy.13K is my high limit with 10K my realistic goal.I can upgrade the bumpers and toys later.What years should I look at and what years were less than stellar.I know other vehicles have had good years and bad years even though they were identical on paper.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have had an '83 CJ-7 with a 304 V8 manual, a '97 TJ 4.0 manual, and now have a '92 YJ 4.0 manual. I loved them all, but the TJ was my favorite. I would go for a late model TJ for a dd. The new ones (JK's) are awesome, but very expensive. As far as problem years, they are all pretty solid.
My YJ:

·
Registered
132 Posts
If I was gonna get another jeep (I had a Cherokee) I would get 2 ... One for the running gear and slap a DJ5 body on it ... I kinda like them old sliding doors and the right hand drive ...

·
Registered
815 Posts
This weekend I am buying a 96 Grand cheeroke laradeo with the 318 as my daily driver. cant beat $1000 for a jeep with only 116000 on her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts