The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now ask me if I have recived ONE e-mail to say why???????

So I will post it again.......

I posted a specific question about a specific topic, was clear and did not insult anyone or any part of TDS...

Again... I quote

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I just chopped a whole bunch of posts off this thread.

I' going to add one little thing to it and then snap the lock on.

Intelligent people talk about ideas
Average people talk about things
Small people talk about other people

Don't be a small person.

klhansen
Moderator [quote/]

Why was this thread locked? We are all grown men here, we all can take care of our selfs. Nothing was said to insult or damage... Why cant we let some of this stuff run its course? We all have egos, Mines bigger then all of yours...LOL but we would all give the shirts off our backs to help each other out if nessasary...

Delete it if you must... but I dont think that is right...

Joe

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cant say why your posts are getting deleted but I have noticed a tendency to use "malicious compliance" by some of the moderators. We are all adults here although I will admitt some of us, my self included do not act like it at times. Emotions run high from time to time. I believe this comes from passion for what one believes in. If your post are on topic and do not insult others I for one say let them go...
I do believe in this forum, it has taught me a lot and has also brought up more questions for the stuff I still need to learn. Thank you to all of you have helped me and will hopefully in the futre.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Moderators generally send an email to the account listed on the site for membership (NOT the one listed for the public to see) - is yours current and do you check it? If your posts were in the OTHER TECHNICAL QUESTIONS forum often they do not get notification as there are so many there to be moderated. Also moderation is not discussed in the forums 99% of the time.

Moderation on this site is a thankless job (I did it for several months) that few folks appreciate. I would hesitate to bash the moderators until you have walked the proverbial mile in their shoes. I have and have yet to attack a moderator. If your post was deleted it evidently violated one or more of the site rules. Reposting the same thing will usually give the same result. The moderators here do not get paid or have any other advantages over general membership other than what is required to do the job at hand. There is no axe to grind, they are just trying to help Jason keep the focus of this site where he (the owner, by the way, with all the rights of emperor in this cyber-kingdom) wants it to be.

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never "bashed" a mod... I know it is a "thankless" job... Yes my e-mail is the same...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
the way the software threads the posts together if your post is part of a string that is getting pulled then it'll get axed as well (and you don't get notified). The only sure way to prevent this is to reply only to the first post in a thread (eg: with the reply button on post #1)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No... we are taking about Threads... Sorry my bad...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts