The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first Superduty last week, a 2015 F350 King Ranch Fx4 CCSB.

My first question is probably something I'm just over looking, but I can't seem to find the screen on the dash or the head unit that displays my tire pressure. Can anyone help point me to it?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I will be interested to see what the answer is. I just purchased my first SD a few weeks ago and am still discovering new things just about daily. I have looked for this screen as well and have just about convinced myself the screen doesn't exist.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
There is not a screen on the SD that shows each individual tire and the associated pressure. From what I read on some forums and my understanding, I believe you can get this screen using an OBDII bluetooth/wifi adapter and an app such as TorquePro or FORScan. There is a PID that will show the tire pressures. Maybe others will chime in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep torque pro or forscan. There is no monitor screen on these trucks. Wish there was but I use torque pro to monitor while hauling our 5th wheel. There is a bunch of posts that have listed all the settings you can get on torque pro to monitor and things you can change with forscan.
Torque pro to monitor. Forscan if you need to change the low pressure alarm point.
Using both

RoadrunnerII

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep torque pro or forscan. There is no monitor screen on these trucks. Wish there was but I use torque pro to monitor while hauling our 5th wheel. There is a bunch of posts that have listed all the settings you can get on torque pro to monitor and things you can change with forscan.
Torque pro to monitor. Forscan if you need to change the low pressure alarm point.
Using both

RoadrunnerII

Roadrunner, I just looked and there are a bunch of adapters on Amazon. Do you mind me asking which one you have and would you recommend it?

Troy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Roadrunner, I just looked and there are a bunch of adapters on Amazon. Do you mind me asking which one you have and would you recommend it?

Troy
I have the BAFXPro OBDII bluetooth from BAFX PRODUCTS.
There are other units out there that work.
Go to the forscan forum/ site. They list the best ones to get. The one I have does everything I need.
I bought an OBDII extension cable and have it ziptied under the dash out of the way.

RoadrunnerII

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Roadrunner. Looks like a decent one to get. I just took a look at Forscan's site and found the list. I have read some of the reviews that the bluetooth connected units have a little lag in how often the data is polled and makes the gauge reads a little less effective. Do you experience that at all with your corded version?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Roadrunner. Looks like a decent one to get. I just took a look at Forscan's site and found the list. I have read some of the reviews that the bluetooth connected units have a little lag in how often the data is polled and makes the gauge reads a little less effective. Do you experience that at all with your corded version?
I get intermittent disconnects but I think it is the extension cable has cheap connect ors in it. Otherwise it works fine

RoadrunnerII

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Is there something available for the Edge CTS that will monitor tire pressure?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there something available for the Edge CTS that will monitor tire pressure?
If it can monitor the obd2 port it is possible. I use torque pro. It brings up the pressure on all 4 wheels. Forscan will bring up a temperature but not sure on it being a wheel temp

RoadrunnerII

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I looked at those, but if it is plugged in to the OBD, I can’t plug in the Edge.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
no, the CTS/CTS2 does NOT have tire monitoring ability. You can get a OBDII "Y" cable to plug the CTS into along with an OBDII bluetooth device. When I used the "Y" cable, it did cause my old CTS to stop monitoring some functions when I used TorquePro. I never did try it with my CTS2 to see if it stops monitor or not.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Thanks, Larry. I also have the older CTS, not the 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts