The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some tire recommendations for my new to me 2000 2WD PSD Excursion. I live in CO so I would like something that will get in around in the ice and snow but this is not my primary vehicle so that is only of a minor concern - I just don't want the wife to have problems on her grocery runs! The vehicle is driven primarly on the highway often pulling our 5k lb travel trailer or a three horse trailer. I prefer a quiet tire. This is not our daily driver, mostly a grocery getter and vacationmobile. How about load ratings, D or E?

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would go with the Michelin LTX M/S in load range E. Very good road tire and great in the snow.

·
Vendor
587 Posts
Thank you for the post 5280.

I would recommend you take a close look at the Nitto Dura Grappler (AKA Highway Terrain). This tire has aggressive siping for wet conditions including snow and ice. This model rides extremely well on the road and can even handle light off road conditions. The main purpose for this tire is for the guy/gal looking for a tire that is comfortable and can handle a load/towing. The Dura Grappler in the 265/75-16 size also uses DurBelt technology which helps reduce heat for extended life. In fact, this model carries a 45K miles tread life warranty which is very uncommon for an E rated LT tire. I would definitely stick with an E rated tire with the type of hauling you do. Here are a couple links with more details.

Diesel World Review of The Nitto Dura Grappler

Price & Availability

I hope this helps. Let us know if we can be of further assistance :thumbsup:

-Matt

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would go with the Michelin LTX M/S in load range E. Very good road tire and great in the snow.
I just did this last week from discount tires. I was impressed with their service and they beat costco. That Michelin LTX M/S II is a great tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts