The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new 2005 KingRanch F250 SD 4x4 Crew Cab. Truck is everything I thought it would be so far. One exception is the choice of tires. Have the off road package and paid for the AT tires. Arrived with Continental Contitrac TR 275 70R18 due to the King Ranch 18 inch rims. They are, from my research, all season tires and probably original equipment standard tires(they are on the Navigator) Please advise if you have had similar problems. Have had the truck 48 hours. Would you take it back or ask for refund of the 417 dollars they charged over standard equip?
Woodsurgeon

·
Registered
607 Posts
This has been discussed before, I'm not sure if on the KingRanch 18's or not, but a couple of folks got a refund. Did You order the truck? If purchased off lot Ford may have printed some kind of disclaimer by now since it's going on 7 months of production. Perhaps most don't care/notice, so the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 417.00 plus Your states sales tax would be some nice pocket lining. I'd give it a try.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck was ordered. Did not look like AT tires which caused me to look them up. Thanks for reply. Do you know forum link for previous discussion?
Woodsurgeon

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Truck was ordered. Did not look like AT tires which caused me to look them up. Thanks for reply. Do you know forum link for previous discussion?
Woodsurgeon

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine came with Goodyear ATS tires - most all of them I have seen have the Goodyears on them. I'd go back and talk to them.

Ron

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just got my 2005 King Ranch a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the AT tires and ended up with BFGoodrich AT tires. They are black wall tires, not the White raised letters. I don't know if it helps.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
That King Ranch is quite the large pickup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 350 still comes with 17" tires. Essentially I cannot find 275 70 R 18 in any AT tires. I dont think that Ford had a choice but to try and pass them as AT tires. I contacted the dealer. I have to see the Parts manager tomorrow. I am sure the party line will be that they are correct. I am sure this is an edict from Ford. I just want a refund as the only choice I CAN FIND is the shorter BFG 275 65 R18. THANKS TO ALL FOR INFO.

·
Registered
573 Posts
awstas, the reason you have the correct tire is yours is a dually, therefore 17". I also ordered the AT tires with OWL, I think Ford is pulling a switch here hoping no one realizes what is happening. Every website that has info on the Continental tires calls them all season, good road tires, SUV tires, good wet weather tires, but never an all-terrain tire.

False advertising?

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is cheating but it is what I posted last year on the issue:

New King Ranch was ordered 1 July delivered 3 Sept. Before delivery several other site members had taken delivery of new King Ranch trucks and noted the Continental tires and how they sucked. Before delivery I asked my dealer how we could tell what tires I would be getting. No way to know was the answer from dealer and regional rep.

On day of delivery I pointed out that my accepted DORA acknowledged a build with the Optional OWL All Terrain 275R65x18 tires, that the window sticker listed the $250 option of "All Terrain" tires and that the truck was sitting there with Mud and Snow (M&S) tires and that I was not happy.

Dealer insisted that that tire is considered an All Terrain tire by Ford and nothing could be done. I took delivery and stewed about it for a week. Mean while here and the other site started getting more and more new owners complaining about having to change to a better tire because the Contie's suck.

I called Ford customer 800 number and complained that what I ordered was not delivered. Ford Rep started a file, took my statement, and told me that the matter was refered to the selling dealer for investigation and resolution.

Went to dealer same day and let them know that my complaint was not with them but to expect the problem to be dropped in their lap. They knew that this was how it would be done. They called me in when they finally received the Ford problem report later in the week.

I talked to the fellow who would be researching the probelm and asked him to follow me out to their new vehicle lot where I showed him the differences between Standard Radial, Mud and Snow (M&S), ALL Season, All Weather, and All Terrain tires. He got to see Brigstone, Firestone, General, Perelli, Continental, and Michelin tires all new from Ford.

He agreed that indeed my DORA and Window sticker clearly stated, in English, "All Terrain" and that my delivered Continental Tires were branded as Mud and Snow (M&S)tires. Continental, on their web site noted that Continental does not make an All Terrain tire in 18" but they do make "All Terrain" Tires in other sizes that are distinctly branded as such.

He submitted his findings to the regional rep who approved a refund to Cove Ford who would write me a check for $250 for an option that was not delivered. Got the check 15 October on the 7th week of ownership.

End of story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts