The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here's my problem. I bought a 2015 xlt 4x4 6.7 with 22k miles on it for 41k. Very clean truck and is certified so I keep the 100k warranty. I have almost 29k on it now and I really wan to delete it to avoid the def system faults. The whole idea of the truck going in limp mode from a sensor is bs in my opinion. So many people need these trucks to rely on to make them money day in day out. So my question is should I delete and throw out the warranty or ride it till 100k and delete it then. I don't have a huge budget for major repairs if something did happen if it wasn't covered but I stay on my mantinance really good. But I also don't want a failure due to emmisions. What would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
If you can afford any uncovered repair, delete to your hearts content.

If you can't, then keep the emissions equipment intact.

Simple as that as I see it. It's your truck and your money, YOUR decision.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you Scag2400,not sure what to do yet. As long as it's not any major engine work you could always put it back to stock for warranty work and it should be fine.
But if they really start looking into the computer they will see that it has been flashed,so there goes the warranty

·
Registered
247 Posts
Scag,
Are you actually experiencing problems with the DPF system? There is a TSB flash to override the EGT sensor failure that disables the vehicle if that is your concern. Water in the fuel is a far bigger worry for me.
While many younger owners say delete, some of the rest of us actually enjoy the clean air. (Donning flak vest)

Reactions: Elkhounds

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it isn't causing a problem, best to leave it alone. I for one like arriving at my destination without the camper smelling like a truck stop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not having issues with the dpf. However the reason for deleting is to eliminate having issues with it. Not to mention how much it cost to replace. Also the whole system adds a lot of heat to the engine wich over time can cause premature wear and failure. I need this truck for reliability and the dpf is something that costs time and money if it
Fails. Therefore it will be gone once the warranty runs out

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And water in fuel is a concern of mine too. I fill up at large stations that cycle a lot of diesel so it's fresh and hasn't been sitting. I am also running the archoil fuel additive because it has a water demulsifer in it. Another thing I'm doing once I'm out of warranty is adding more fuel filtration

·
Registered
49 Posts
Delete it. It'll be the best money you spent on the truck other than buying it. The pros far out weigh the cons to delete it rather than leave it stock.
I have a 2012 and deleted it around 55k miles. I'm at 115k right now. I never had any issues before deleting and still haven't after the fact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm brand new to this forum. I have a 2011 f250 6.7 with 89k miles (bought new) I'm having a recurring p20ba code and want to delete. I actually am experiencing loss of power I assume due to the reductant heater false alarm which I can no longer put up with. How do I accomplish the delete? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts