The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ernest,

I didn't say a damn thing about closing the site. I said:
" I've got an idea for you Jason, open a page thats requires you to have a Ford diesel before you can participate, there ought to be a way to do it, maybe vin #'s."
Thats an exact quote I pasted it from the other post. If you'll notice the word PAGE.
If I've got a stupid idea I can handle you telling me, I'm a big boy now. But atleast let it be my idea.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2 cents,

This site is great and if the new admin. of the site want to close the thread it is ok and has been ok. They have been getting out of hand every once and a while. This keeps the same old topics (oil and ratings for instance) from starting flame wars and personal attacks. I know that I have gotten a lot of information from this site and enjoy reading the posts. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
O.K., I'm posting in "Ford-Diesel.com". I made my previous post where I did for 2 reasons, (1)minor protest, and (2)thats where it was relavent, since it was refering to a post in that forum. I have NO problem with the fact that the moderators can, and do, close threads. My major B**** is that it is done so arbitrarily. Harmless topics that will run out soon anyway are closed, and inflamatory, controversial topics are not. Some things are moved as inaproprate, and other ,less appropriate ones are not.

I guess the big change has come about with multiple moderators. When Jason was doing all the moderation there was a great deal of consistancy. Obviously, he was also working himself to death. Multiple moderators lead to multiple viewpoints on administration. I just wish you could all agree on a standard, and everyone follow through. I mean no offense by this, I just think there needs to be a little bit more consistancy of purpose.

my 2cents worth
Bruce

------------------
:) Just my opinion, there are others :)
'99 F350, CC, SRW, LB, 2WD, Hunter Green/Silver

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I must say that I do find it hard to choose what to move or what to leave. Fortunatley, I keep after the 6.9/7.3L forum, so there aren't near as many messages as the 99+ forum. My point of reference is the old forum; I read it rather thoroughly, and I'm trying to keep it near to how it was. However, I sometimes "break the rules." Specifically, I try to leave for sale and wanted ads in the forums, because people in it are probably trying to buy or sell something relevant. (I think I'll start suggesting an extra post in the "for sale" section, just to be politically correct.) If you or anyone has any sugesstions on what you specificaly want to see moved or left alone, please pass it on.

------------------
85 6.9 4spd 4wd

21 - 24 of 24 Posts