The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck( 88F250 7.3IDI 146k original miles, sweet condition ) and hooked up the gooseneck horse trailer(with out the 1100 lb beast) and went to the scales. This was my read : Steer axle 3720 lb Drive axle 5100 lb Trailer axle 5320lb Gross weight 14140 lb.
Is this too much trailer for the truck, have not hauled on a mini mountain yet (central PA) what to expect??? I had previously hauled with a F350 7.3 turbo,2001 with 354 k miles but the body rusted beyond help. I hope this truck can do it, I will keep it and if I have to,will look for another trailer. Some feedback and or opinions/experiences. Thanks in advance from a vintage cowgirl!!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,409 Posts
It'll pull it, but it may be a slowpoke.

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Slow and steady wins the race....

Reactions: Haulinhorse

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
I wouldn't say you're overloaded. I have a 3 horse gooseneck which is 4000lbs and hauled 3 horses for years. Plus I've hauled stove pellets on my flatbed gooseneck and the trailer plus pallets of pellets were 11-12 thousand pounds. As Bugman said, slow and steady. :)
To be fair, I guess I should add I have the close ratio 5 speed which makes a huge difference when towing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts