The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2000 f350 7.3 Super Duty. We are trying to use it on a Iphone 4 with Torgue Pro and an IdeaPro WIFI OBD II Diag Scanner. We have down loaded the Ford PIDs and they are on the phone ready to use. The scanner works but we have no feedback other than RPM and we get a warning that this truck does not supportHP/... and a string of info. It also causes a check engine light when we try to use it to reviews any possible codes. We then down loaded the software for Ideapro for Iphone and the minute we activate it it shuts off the truck and it wont start - not good. Does anyone using the Torgue PRO, IPhone 4 or later and the 2000 f350 have a WIFI scanner that will work for them. We are wondering if the WIFI scanner is not compatable for some reason of if the trucks computer or is just to old for a more modern plug in device. If you do have a combination that works we would love to know what it is.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I have never seen someone use an iPhone.

Android is what I use and everyone else

You can always buy a cheap tablet and use it for that

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Torque pro is for android

If you have an iPhone you can run dash command

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have similar problems. I have the Elm327 wifi adapter and the dash command app on my iPhone . The same thing happens with my code reader . Works great on my car. Hook it to my 99.5 truck and will work for short time and then kills the engine and won't restart until I unplug the wifi adapter from the obd port. I'm not sure what the problem is but, I've heard other people have similar problems with their trucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have discovered that what we thought was Torque Pro is not which explains pat of our problems . We are looking into any other apps we can find for the iphone and will let you know what we find. Thank you for your input and assistance.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
We have discovered that what we thought was Torque Pro is not which explains pat of our problems . We are looking into any other apps we can find for the iphone and will let you know what we find. Thank you for your input and assistance.

Read my previous post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts