The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick up a trailer the other night and didn't have any tail lights on the trailer after plugging the trailer into my truck (brake lights and trailer brakes worked fine). Well it was dark and I wasn't to far from my house, so I figured I'll just flip on the 4 way flashers and deal with it later.

After getting up to 40 mph on a nice flat section of road, I noticed the torque converter wasn't locking up (truck was warmed up and the torque converter was working fine before this). Then I noticed if I turned the 4 ways off, the torque converter locked right up; turned the 4 ways back on, no torque converter.

When it warms up a bit more outside, I'm going to start looking at fuses, but with everything else working, I'm doubtful it's a fuse.

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Check all your turn signal and brake light bulbs, including the 3rd brake light on the cab. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
11,782 Posts
Yeah, check all the bulbs, relays, wiring, fuses, etc. Then read the next sentence:

That's the way it was designed.

It wasn't intended to do that, but that is the way it works.

·
Premium Member
9,066 Posts
I agree with Mark. Even if you have your cruse control engaged it will shut off when you turn on the flashers.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Mine does it too. I first noticed it when I was hauling a 34 foot fifth wheel on the interstate. I passed a semi who gave me a courtesy signal (flashed his headlights) so I turned on my emergency flashers and my truck promptly slowed in front of him!?! I use my headlight switch to say "thank you" now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts