The Diesel Stop banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
The Edge CTS does have an option to do a manual regen......does it work?....have not tried it so can not answer that at this time.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Hey Folks: FYI Update.

Not an Expert and the one reason I started this thread. I want to thank everyone for their knowledge, time and input. So please continue.

Some folks have posted or PMed me about customizing their PIDs like the “Long Names” and “Short (Display) Names” that make would make it easier for them. I for one belong to different forums that use different names so I use the names that I like, but also I live in a country that uses the metric system but travel in the US so I like to display both units.

In the past few weeks I’ve been importing my custom PIDs by copying a “.csv” file into a Sub Folder under the .torque Folder (hidden directory) in my android device. Again I’m not an expert so I’m sure there are better ways to make this file and I’m sure that there are different ways to make and copy this file to different devices. Just today I found out on another forum another vehicle I own that this method has been used for some time. One thing I found that if you open the .csv file in Excel and edit it and then “Save” it, it might save it in a format the Torque App can’t interpret correctly. I use a text editor, Windows note pad on my PC. I also use a different vehicle profile for testing (F350-2). If this is confusing and you’re not familiar with editing cvs files, then I would keep using the Plug-in.

How to use this file with Torque Pro!!
I named the file “Superduty 6.7L V1.cvs” (V1 = Version X).
Once the file is copied to the “Extended” folder. I start Torque Pro and from the main menu I go to settings>Manage extra PIDS/Sensors>Menu>Clear List>Menu>Add Predefined set>Superduty 6.7L V1.cvs from the list.

Sorry about the length. I know this might confuse members but I think that some people would benefit from it. I use this method because I use Torque Pro on multiple vehicles.
Sam has done a lot of work and a great job with making a Plug-in for the 6.7L, but like the Developer of Torque, they can’t do it for every vehicle.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Man you guys are speaking greek.
I don't understand any of this.

Are you saying we can monitor different things from our phone?

How?

Does it do it wireless?
Do you have to buy something to plug into the OBD port?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man you guys are speaking greek.

How?

Does it do it wireless?
Do you have to buy something to plug into the OBD port?
Be there done it.... It is done via bluetooth (wireless)

You need a Android smart phone or tablet. (No Apple's)
You need to buy a OBDII adapter. I use BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 $24

You need to then goto the Google play store on your phone and buy the Torque PRO app. $4.99 (not the free one)

You need to they come to this forum and download and install the PID's for the 6.7 on your phone. (Free)

Then you can monitor all kinds of stuff, from Each Tire Pressure to Engine Reg's.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You can also do it from an I-phone/pad if you buy the $5 app called FORSCAN Lite. You can use either a blue tooth or wifi OBD adapter you can buy on Amazon or other places.
With FORscan you have to enter the custom PIDs manually which is long and drawn out (at least I haven't figured out how to load the list automatically).

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Thanks guys!!!!!
Exactly what I needed.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Great stuff. Installing a Android radio in truck now. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Cool!! Make sure you update us and maybe some pics.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
QUOTE=lincster;3663705]Man you guys are speaking greek.

How?

Does it do it wireless?
Do you have to buy something to plug into the OBD port?[/QUOTE]

Lincster,
It is greek but if you play with this stuff awhile it will become english then you can impress your wife and kids, friends too. Just be careful, it's probably like texting to a cop so be careful fiddling with it driving, watch for pedestrians and mail boxes. Lol.
Like some of the responses from others, you need a smart phone or tablet, a Bluetooth device, and the Torque Pro App from Google Play Store.
There are actually hundreds of BT (Bluetooth) devices on Amazon, some work, some don't. Ask around as to what others are using successfully. I googled ELM327 and found one for $23.00. Plus shipping. It's not rocket science but I am having fun donking with the stuff. They will be calling you a geek. Lol. I put a picture of the bluetooth OBDII device on album here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
THOM12

THOM12

This is a Torque Pro App thread.

I just did not want to mislead anybody (non-geeks), into thinking that Torque Pro would work on a Apple.

Yes I know there are app's for the Apples, but I don't know anything about them or what they can monitor, or for that matter what you have to do to get them to work.
:cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can someone put up a list of the 2016 F250 pid's that are not on drop box. For some reason I cannot get drop box to work for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is a post a few back with a Dropbox link, it was updated 9 months ago, is this the latest version? Small to good for 2015s?

Thanks,
Cale

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have a working "Distance since last regen" equation for a 2016 F250. The one I am using does not seem to be working correctly. pid 220434 ((A<16)+(B<8)+C)*0.24

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone have a working "Distance since last regen" equation for a 2016 F250. The one I am using does not seem to be working correctly. pid 220434 ((A<16)+(B<8)+C)*0.24
That is what I have on mine and it seems to be tracking appropriately. I have a 2015.

I recently got the numbers on my Soot Percent to track accordingly...

Cale

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do your miles count up as you drive or update when you start the truck? Mine increases but only after I shut off the truck for awhile. It was on 178.8 miles for my 30 trip to work this morning and didn't change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine counts as I drive...

On my FORScan app, it only updates when I restart the truck...annoying at best.

I checked my comms settings, I have set for BT fast communications and do not calculate mpg for faster comms.

Cale

·
Registered
28 Posts
From the extra pid's for the 6.7 and the ones that were Ford specific I have 3 engine coolant temps and none of them work. Do I need to delete them and add just one back to the list? (or just delete 2 of them) My engine oil temp works.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am using the PIDs from the Ford Enthusiast forum, the superduty 6.7 file.

I only had two coolant temps, I am assuming primary and secondary, though I only watch ECT 1

I would clear them and start over

Cale

101 - 120 of 132 Posts