The Diesel Stop banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Does anyone have a working "Distance since last regen" equation for a 2016 F250. The one I am using does not seem to be working correctly. pid 220434 ((A<16)+(B<8)+C)*0.24

It's not your PID, it's the truck. The computer only updates the distance since last regen upon start of the truck (on my 2011 anyway), not continuously like other PIDs.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
From the extra pid's for the 6.7 and the ones that were Ford specific I have 3 engine coolant temps and none of them work. Do I need to delete them and add just one back to the list? (or just delete 2 of them) My engine oil temp works.

FYI:

The 2013 6.7L has two coolant sensors, ECT1 and ECT2 that monitor two systems. I monitor ECT1 because it is in the coolant crossover, above the coolant pump. I would monitor ECT2 if I suspect an over heating problem with high temperatures showing on ECT1 or TCT.

ECT1: Primary engine cooling system flow.
Engine block, cylinder heads, engine oil cooler, turbo charger and half of the EGR cooler.

ECT2: Powertrain Secondary Cooling system flow.
Charged air cooler (CAC), Fuel cooler, part of EGR cooler and transmission cooler.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone have a working "Distance since last regen" equation for a 2016 F250. The one I am using does not seem to be working correctly. pid 220434 ((A<16)+(B<8)+C)*0.24

It's not your PID, it's the truck. The computer only updates the distance since last regen upon start of the truck (on my 2011 anyway), not continuously like other PIDs.
My FORScan app only updates on startup

My Torque Pro counts as I am driving

Weird one.

Cale

·
Registered
83 Posts
From the extra pid's for the 6.7 and the ones that were Ford specific I have 3 engine coolant temps and none of them work. Do I need to delete them and add just one back to the list? (or just delete 2 of them) My engine oil temp works.

FYI:

The 2013 6.7L has two coolant sensors, ECT1 and ECT2 that monitor two systems. I monitor ECT1 because it is in the coolant crossover, above the coolant pump. I would monitor ECT2 if I suspect an over heating problem with high temperatures showing on ECT1 or TCT.

ECT1: Primary engine cooling system flow.
Engine block, cylinder heads, engine oil cooler, turbo charger and half of the EGR cooler.

ECT2: Powertrain Secondary Cooling system flow.
Charged air cooler (CAC), Fuel cooler, part of EGR cooler and transmission cooler.

Thanks for this info, I have been monitoring ECT 1 as that is the one that matches the tableau on the dash.

Cale

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

·
Registered
28 Posts
I still can't get an engine coolant temp to work. I have deleted all but one pid for engine temp. from the edit page. When I got to select the pid on the selection page I have 2 pid's for engine coolant and neither one will work. How do I get to the other one to delete or edit it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I would clear everything and start over...at least you will have a clean slate to start from.

Cale

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have used Torque Pro for almost 2 years with my Ford F250 2016 Platinum. Recently it has started restarting my Samsung Note 3. It will run a few minutes and just restart the tablet. I also have to enter a password just about every other time it restarts. Is there a simple fix or do I have to delete it and start over. I hope I don’t have to start over because when I first set it up I had to write a lot of the pid’s for my truck. Thanks, Scott

121 - 131 of 131 Posts