The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont use the exaust brake in the rain probably not necessary but just in case I dont want rear wheels to slip....

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
Yes, just hook up whatever you are pulling, turn on Tow/Haul, and go to work.

Tow/Haul for me even unloaded in heavy traffic. Seems to shift better when stop-n-go is the traffic conditions.

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
@Jerry in Texas 2011 F450 King Ranch dually, 4x4, 62K miles. Original owner.

That's just the way it is, and cannot be changed.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Why does tow/haul turn off every time you kill and restart engine. Jerry
I'm with ya Jerry. These trucks know when a trailer is disconnected, why can't the tow/haul mode remain on until the trailer is disconnected? Or better yet, any towing related settings (exhaust brake or otherwise)
@NVERL8 - I don't believe the exhaust brake is aggressive enough to drag the rear wheels in the rain, especially if you are loaded up. Perhaps turning off that brake in the snow/ice would be a good idea!

·
Registered
15 Posts
When towing do you guys just select tow/haul mode turn on the exhaust brake and go ?
Yes sir, select both and go out and tow! My exhaust brake on my 2017 F350 is much more aggressive than the one on my 2015 F350.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I pulled my 5er for the first time toaday.
It was only about a 5 mile pull to the RV shop to get some work done.
First impressions are...I like the way the transmission works in tow/haul. The exhuast brake works better than my 6.0.
Oh yeah....power OMG 😁😁😁

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm a little disappointed in the exhaust brake on my 2016. I had a D-Delerator exhaust brake installed on my old 97 7.3 and it worked a lot better. But there was no Tow/Haul on that old beast either. On my 2016, between the Tow/Haul option and the exhaust brake, I've so far, had no downhill problems. I'm still learning how all this stuff works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts