The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on when to trade the truck for a newer one. I currently have a 12 with 77k miles on it and i have a few people telling me that its time to look at trading. I run a small business where i pull a 13k load about 40 percent of the time. The rest is mainly highway drives with tools in the bed. This is my first diesel, so I'm not sure if i should run this to higher miles then trade, or look at doing it while I still have some warranty left. I do travel within a 6 hour radius of home and average 40k miles a year. Trying to figure out the most cost effect way to go lol.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would keep it, honestly the 2012's are proving to be better built and popular trucks than the 13'+. 77k is not a lot of miles. I would wait until the new 2017-18' super duties come out. It will be worth the wait then trade it in, or sell to a private party with 130-140k and you will get more money back. The dealers take your trade in and give you 60% of worth and then raise the truck your buying up 40% so, you work out paying the same. I've always had luck selling to private party! That's 2 cents. ??

Sent from
AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. When i bought this truck i figured it should go the miles, but got a little nervous when i had several people say i should look hard at trading it in before it got 100k on it. This has been a good truck so i really haven't been in to big of a hurry to trade it. I'm thinking your right and I'll look at waiting and seeing how much more selling it private party will be
Thanks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks for the input. When i bought this truck i figured it should go the miles, but got a little nervous when i had several people say i should look hard at trading it in before it got 100k on it. This has been a good truck so i really haven't been in to big of a hurry to trade it. I'm thinking your right and I'll look at waiting and seeing how much more selling it private party will be
Thanks.

No problem, trust me pp selling is where the $$$ is?

Sent from
AutoGuide.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts