The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently picked up a new 2015 super duty f550 4x4 XLT which to my disappointment doesn't have a built in trailer brake controller but instead it has what looks like a coin tray, now to my question, when I pop out the little panel where the four wheel drive button should be I find the wiring harness for the button, the truck currently has the floor shift lever for the four wheel drive, I haven't had the chance yet to climb under the truck to see if it has the motor for engaging the four wheel drive but I was wondering if the wiring and everything needed for the brake control is behind the dash as well in which case I'd just have to purchase the control portion of the trailer brake system? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Larry, I'll have to take a look at that and see if there is already a passenger airbag switch in the truck, I'll pick up a trailer brake controller and install it, I'm assuming a Ford dealer will need to do the reprogramming of the BCM to recognize the trailer brake controller?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Yes, it will require programming. Should be 1/2 or less to program it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts