The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 F250 King Ranch Diesel.

When I plug in the Gooseneck trailer plug I get a "Right Side Turn Signal Error" message on the screen. I checked and the turn signal is not working, and when I turn on the Hazard lights the trailer right side does not work. The left side turn and hazard works fine. When I turn on the right turn signal you can hear the signal sound much faster then the left side.

Any idea which is the trailer right side fuse/relay? My owners manual doesnt list individual fuses for the trailer turn signals.

Looking for some help.

·
Super Moderator
25,017 Posts
Are you sure it's not the bulb on the trailer? In my experience, it's best to check the easy stuff first (although I haven't always done that :eek: )

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights are all LEDs and they all work except the right turn signal and flasher.....that makes me think its a relay under the hood....my question is which one and where might it be?

·
Super Moderator
25,017 Posts
I just checked an '01 wiring diagram, and there are no relays for the trailer turn signal wiring feed. Can't say for sure the same is true for later models, though. Is the pin on the trailer connector clean? Can you put power to the trailer right stop light pin and see if the light comes on? Possibly a wiring issue with the trailer. The info screen somehow checks the circuit, and if the left side is complete, but not the right side, it would see a difference and display the error you're seeing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went and double checked the led tailights. It appears that when using the turn signal or flashers that only the outside ring of led lights flash. I noticed that some of the outside lights are not on...so it looks like some of the bulbs are burned out. I will take the trailer next week and have those bulbs/lights checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts