The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seem to be getting a rise in rpms and a driveline shutter (shutter is so minimal im wondering if its just the tread on the tires) when leaving a light. i just put 37" tires on and am about to send the truck in for reprogramming and some dealership work. should i mentuione this to them to see if they can address it?

· Registered
684 Posts
seem to be getting a rise in rpms and a driveline shutter (shutter is so minimal im wondering if its just the tread on the tires) when leaving a light. i just put 37" tires on and am about to send the truck in for reprogramming and some dealership work. should i mentuione this to them to see if they can address it?
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but the dealership is going to claim that your problem is indicative of the larger tires and they're not going to take the time to really look into the problem. Here's what I think it is, though: it's your truck searching for and learning the optimal strategy. My '08 F250 PSD is bone stock; when I took it in for crap I found on the transmission dip stick, I also complained about driveline shudder on take off. They replaced some clutches (which I am not too sure are related to the shudder), and said that the shudder was "normal in relation to similar trucks." I haven't had the same shudder since, actually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.