The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Isspro tranny temp guage stopped working last week. I will check all connections but I need to know how to check the sending unit with my DMM if anyone can tell me.

Thanks, B

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
How cold is it there? Mine never moves off the lower peg on those rare days we get into the 60's here. I did have two episodes where mine "quit working" right - both times it ended up being the crimp connection to the sending unit. Hope that's all yours is.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How cold is it there? Mine never moves off the lower peg on those rare days we get into the 60's here. I did have two episodes where mine "quit working" right - both times it ended up being the crimp connection to the sending unit. Hope that's all yours is.
I don't have a crimped connection, it is a plastic connector and I took it apart and cleaned it with contact cleaner even though it looked like new. I know it's not working because it would always get to at least 130 on the highway in cold weather, now nothing.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know what series it is? If it isthe older EV series (with amplifier box under the dash and curved glass lens), please see these troubleshooting instructions:
http://www.isspro.com/TROUBLESHOOTING DOC/EV Temperature Gauge Troubleshooting.pdf

If it is the newer EV2 series (orange connector in the back of the gauge), please see these instructions:
http://www.isspro.com/TROUBLESHOOTING DOC/ISSPRO_EV2_Troubleshooting.pdf

Please let me know what you find!

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Thanks, I did find that info on another site. So far my gauge resistance ohms out perfectly (Ohmed it from the amplifier side to include the wiring up to the gauge). My sender seems to be very close to the values on the chart at a couple of different temps. I have only had the opportunity to check the amp at two temps and once with the sender unplugged. Those readings were not exactly to spec but they were close. I don't have the paper in front of me with everything I wrote down but this weeken I am going to get it good and hot and take some more messurements.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after removing the wires on the amp for testing them everything tested good. Put it back together and it started working again. I suspect there was a high resistance connection at the screw terminals on the amp. I know from experience at very low voltages it doesn't take much resistance to stop the flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts