The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 F650 (under 3000 miles on it) and the transmission constant power circuit is intermittently not shutting off, which in turn draws the battery down to the point of needing to up start the truck in the morning. I've tested the circuit and its drawing close to 1amp with the truck off and you can hear a buzzing coming from the transmission when this is happening.

We brought the truck into the dealer and they just sad that it was the brake controller and gps dongle causing the power draw. I told them they were wrong and that the proble is intermittent. Our current solution is to pull the fuse at this point. This at least makes sure we can start the truck in the morning.

How do I go about getting this solved? My dealer is not helpful and can't even really work on the truck. It's surprising that Ford even lets them sell these models. They can't even balance the tires for me (which is anothe whole issue.)

Is there someone at Ford I should contact?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not to sound like an A$$, first I would try a second dealer preferably a truck shop, I know in RI there is Colony Ford.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There ended up be some sort of recall on something or other which fixed the problem. I have the paperwork at my shop, but won't be going over there today. I'll post the info when I track the paperwork down.

Thankfully, the truck has been reliable since the fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts