The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has a leak under the front driver's side radiator. I thought it was the transmission cooler line but I'll be damned if I can find a diagram.

Can someone confirm that is what it is? It's def trans fluid. It's the line in the foreground of this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yep That is the trans line looks like something hit it and bent it. I believe it comes from the trans to the trans cooler and the to the radiator then back to the transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I believe it comes from the trans to the trans cooler and the to the radiator then back to the transmission.
You've got it backward. The flow is from the front of the trans to the radiator, then to the trans cooler, then back to the rear of the trans.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the line that goes from the in-radiator cooler to the auxiliary cooler. They gave me the wrong line at O'Reillys. Should I just get the right line, or upgrade...hmmm...

·
Registered
497 Posts
You've got it backward. The flow is from the front of the trans to the radiator, then to the trans cooler, then back to the rear of the trans.

Thank you mark for correcting me. My 2000 7.3 auto does not go to the radiator it just goes to my 31 row 6.0 cooler with no over heating issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
Thank you mark for correcting me. My 2000 7.3 auto does not go to the radiator it just goes to my 31 row 6.0 cooler with no over heating issues.
My 2000 is the same as yours. No ATF lines into radiator. They changed it later in the year but issued a TSB for our design if there were issues of overheating which included new radiator with new design. Unfortunately, no Ford dealer will honor a 12-year old TSB. :|

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
Another pic.
You are very lucky that its leaking fluid because its pinched closed and would have resulted in your ATF not circulating and cooling down. Your trans would have gotten quite hot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts