The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my transmission fluid for the first time. I have a c6 3 speed automatic. Napa said it calls for 12 quarts, I question this because they gave me the wrong filter/gaskit kit. I put in about 11 1/2 quarts and the dip stick reads way up the stick, but this could be excess fluid from pouring it in. Does any one know how much fluid to put in this trans? My gears slam in harder then normal. Its been at least 20,000 miles since the fluid has been changed. I purchased it that many miles ago and have been doing a lot of hauling. Also what kind of fluid. I used dercon 3 but I heard type F goes with the c6.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.K. I droped the pan and changed that fluid again. I didn't evan bother looking for a drain plug on the trasfer case. I feel its been diluted enough for another 10,000 miles. I put in 5 quarts this second time and it reads a half a quart over the full line. Thats o.k. with me, better the 4 inches over the full line. I reused the same cork gasket, no leaking yet. I tightened the bolts more and smashed the gasket out. Next time I'll buy a reusable rubber gasket. So that means the first time I changed my transmission fluid I drained the pan (5-6 quarts) then put in 11 quarts, so I was 5 quarts over filled!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.