The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this happed a few months back and truck has been sitting ever since. Went to drive to a buddies place and on the way there the trans was shifting a little out of the ordinary (shifting hard & slipping) and it hasn’t had that issue before. Nothing else happened after that for about 10 miles cruise is set at 60mph and all the sudden tow haul starts to flash and then loss of all forward and reverse. So I killed the truck tried pulling battery terminals, long story short didn’t work.. so I turn back for home and got about 5 miles down the road and does it again. So I had it pulled to a safe spot left it for the night came back to get it and torque converter was locked up still like when I tried putting it in drive to creep up on a trailer it just bogged and instantly killed the engine. Did some research and kinda messing w it and got it to release once tuned back to stock. (Never tuned hot) anyone have an idea what it could be or where I can start???

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
Nope. Not a clue. But if I knew what codes were stored I could point you right at the problem.

Reactions: bobofthenorth

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
You could download Forscan free at www.forscan.org. You'll need an ELM327 adapter to connect it to the OBDII port. I bought mine from Amazon for less than $30. With either a laptop or a smart phone you can read all of the codes. It's going to cost a lot more than that to take it in to get read.

·
Premium Member
15,213 Posts
I guess the good news is if you have to pull the transmission, you won't need to jack it up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts