The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happened... I believe my torque converter is failing im getting 180-200 degrees on the highway and have a noisy rattling at idle. Im still going to confirm it but im in need of a new torque converter and while the trans is out im going to get it rebuilt. I dont want to spend the money for a new trans so does anybody recommend a torque converter and rebuild kit. I dont do a lot of towing but when i do its heavy the truck is a daily driver. I want to keep it as cheap as possible but still maintain a good quality. My buddy at ford will be helping me on the rebuild.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just rebuilt my transmission 1 1/2 years ago and used an Eagle Alto kit that I got off Ebay. it came with all the upgraded clutches and sprag's. I chose the billet converter from TCS in lake Havasu AZ. I also did the woods valve body but I'm not overly impressed with it. I just now tore it apart because I broke a forward drum, After inspection all internal parts are perfect. since it was apart I chose to upgrade to the 300m input, inter. shaft. and output along with the upgraded forward drum to the new badass one.

when I did the original transmission I went way over board ( like I always do ) and upgraded to two massive oil cooler's and replumbed the system in -6 AN line with an external oil filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts