The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend i was having problems with reverse in my transmission and now today i was having problems with it shifting gears in drive it would drive fine at 30 to 40 mph but at 55 it would not shift i pulled the codes and got
P0781
p0782
p0783
for the trans codes but also got other codes if the matter to trans problem
p0238
p0478
p0470
p1211
p0476
Any help would be appreciated I dont really know much about transmissions but i am thinking i wouldnt mind learning what to do
thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
12,019 Posts
Those codes indicate it didn't shift at all. You have codes for no 1-2, no 2-3, and no 3-4. I suspect there may be other codes that you were not able to read. Usually those codes don't show up by themselves.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mark for the reply i was hoping you would. well it it is shifting some but once i hit 55 i know its not shifting and reverse is hit or miss whether it works or not i gues i also forgot to mention it was seeming to run hot yesterday with no load on it im in illinois temps here have been around 100 and yesterday trans was 210 on and off i have done the 6.0 cooler upgrade last year after having troubles with high temps pulling camper. What can i do from here to help figure out problem is there a way to pull additional codes.

·
Super Moderator
12,019 Posts
The way to pull additional codes is to use a scan tool that is compatible with this truck.

With those codes I can give you direction of where to look.

·
Super Moderator
12,019 Posts
I have no idea if an AE can pull those codes or not. I've never used one.

·
Super Moderator
12,019 Posts
The only one I've used is a Ford NGS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone know if the AE is good for getting trans codes and what i need to do to get them or what i can use to get them. thansk for any input. Mark is there anything else i can do to troubleshoot the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts