The Diesel Stop banner

Transmission solution ?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  OT 
#1 ·
My transmission is dying just after getting the BG flush at the dealer. When it first started I would get a few second lag shifting from park to drive. Now I have the tow/haul light flashing and some pretty weird shifting.

What would be the best solution, a rebuild, a different trans, a special rebuild with better parts ?

100,000 seems a little early

#2 ·
start by having the codes pulled.

#3 ·
That would be cheaper than the $700.00 teardown they want to do.

#5 ·
people just love to have an automatic tranny. If it wrere me I would get a manual and you would have no more problems. The aoutmatics are easy to drive, but they just dont hold up that great. Just my 2 cents.

#6 ·
people just love to have an automatic tranny. If it wrere me I would get a manual and you would have no more problems. The aoutmatics are easy to drive, but they just dont hold up that great. Just my 2 cents.

The torqueshift tranny has been great. I do agree with you that the manual
is more than likely going to be more reliable than the auto though. I do not
believe in the flushes either. We drop the pan and install new internal trans
filter and external trans filter and install new fluid.

Did they replace the filters or just flush it? The external filter is actually more
important to change than the one in the trans. Like my buddy at a different
shop who has a flushing machine says(It either cures them or kills them!)

#7 ·
Ingus..

Assuming..Mercon SP used & filled to correct level? No problems before flush, right? For some reason did the batteries get disconnected? Is tranny harness ok?

Dont recall reports on problems with flushing. Maybe pressured used messed up old/worn parts???

As mentioned..t/h flashing indicates..DTCs probably set. You would think a tranny (if all makes) shop would have ford specific a/t scanner? If not..repairs could still be done, but probably would take longer? JMO! Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.