The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know from those of you with a added on temp gauge what temps are the auto trannys running with a heavy tow load 13000 lbs, uphill, full throttle. I am trying to decide wether to put a alum. mag-hytec trans pan on. I have the stock gauge and it does not seem to move very much from normal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have yet to see a 5r110w overheat the fluid. The overheating that occurs in the trans is isolated to a specific clutch pack (usaully direct). Even as the frictions overheat and destroy themselves you would never see this on a guage. These trans have great cooling capacity, cooler size, cooler line size, ect. Nothing like the 4r100 had.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I towed an 8k trailer with 2 bikes in the bed and 4 people in 100deg heat and the temp never got over 180 with some pretty good climbs (45-50mph). My temp guage is mounted in the pan so its direct oil temp.

Rich
05 F350 Lariat loaded

·
Registered
620 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I towed an 8k trailer with 2 bikes in the bed and 4 people in 100deg heat and the temp never got over 180 with some pretty good climbs (45-50mph). My temp guage is mounted in the pan so its direct oil temp.

Rich
05 F350 Lariat loaded

[/ QUOTE ]
I was told to take it out of my Pan and go inline with the Trans cooler.The Oil in the Pan Bottom will never Get Hot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
towing a 15K# 5er up a 5% grade at about 65 mph.... I got 171* as my very highest for the trip. This is using a X-monitor gauge set that is tapped into the stock temp sensor.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Mine is in the pan, and I have never seen over 200d even in Colorado mtns in 90 degree heat--and I pull a 9K load and do it as fast as is safe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
my 04 weight 10500lbs and I used a infra red temp gun and it was always around 180 degrees, but since my refalsh and my torque converter not locking up like it used to the temp is now in the high 190's and its now winter time. All my 180 temps were in the hot of the summer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts