The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed number 2 4 6 8 injector and now I have a hard shift to tow haul light is staying on but I do remember I never disconnected the battery and the alternator wire hit and Spark twice

·
Super Moderator
11,973 Posts
Get the codes read. The places that read codes free cannot read these codes. Forscan is a good way, or a good independent shop, or a Ford dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P700,p766, and p2703 are the codes
And I forgot to mention that I didn't disconnect the battery and the alternator wire hit and spark about 3 times,iv eww check all the fuses and they seem to be good but fuse 31 has no power at all all

·
Super Moderator
11,973 Posts
How does a fuse seem to be good? It is either good or not. Did you check each one for continuity, or just look at them? If you just looked, you have no idea if they are good or not.

P0700 means the PCM recognizes SOMETHING is wrong, but can't narrow it down. P0766 means shift solenoid D is mechanically stuck. P2703 means the clutch controlled by shift solenoid D didn't apply like it should because the solenoid is stuck.

I think the first thing to do (after fixing the fuse problem) is to clear the codes and see if they come back.

·
Super Moderator
11,973 Posts
I don't have a diagram to know what that fuse controls.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm just a simpleton from Saskatchewan so I miss a lot of things but if you've got a blown fuse, replace it. Then its no longer blown and no longer relevant what it may control. Unless of course it promptly fails again, in which it becomes relevant. Right now its just a blown fuse with no particular relevance to anything.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
You have an 03 or early 04 6.0L?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just a simpleton from Saskatchewan so I miss a lot of things but if you've got a blown fuse, replace it. Then its no longer blown and no longer relevant what it may control. Unless of course it promptly fails again, in which it becomes relevant. Right now its just a blown fuse with no particular relevance to anything.
No I have no blown fuses

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Do you have a manual that you can use to post up what that fuse is for (as requested earlier)?

My 03 reference (unofficial source) says it is for the transmission Range Sensor. Sure would be better for you to answer that question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it's a transmission range sensor but it has no power there whatsoever

1 - 14 of 14 Posts