The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, been looking at the F250 XLT Tremor package and hoping for some feedback. I've read a few reviews but nothing better then owners on The Diesel Stop Forum to give honest answers. I can't stomach getting 10-15 MPG's with the available 7.3 gas engine, so I will be going with the 6.7 diesel. I've owned several diesels since 1985 (yes old guy) but the last Ford 6.7 I owned was a 2012 which had a few issues and was replaced with a 2014 Ram Cummins. After it had a track bar recall which ruined my truck due to poor warranty repair work, it was sold as well. Needless to say my record for problems are fairly long.

I haven't seen any Tremors on the lots near me to test drive and checkout so hoping a few owners here will chime in. Questions I have are ride quality on and off road as well as any other pros and cons you can think of having the Tremor Package versus just getting a FX4 and level kit. It seems like the latter wouldn't save much money after buying shocks, springs, wheels and tires.

Also being on the short side (5' 6") and a bit older, will the steps be that much harder for the wife and I getting in and out? I figured some Amp Power Steps would help if it becomes necessary down the road.

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'm in the same boat, interested in the tremor but it might be too tall to 1. fit in my garage door and 2. tow my 5th wheel.
As for mpg, yes the 7.3 gasser will be lower, but what about cents per mile? Diesel usually costs more than regular here, especially in the winter.
My other concern would be towing performance at high elevation...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My other concern would be towing performance at high elevation...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought of that as well and no exhaust brake for going down.

The 7.3 would definitely save some coin at purchase and do the job, just hard to give up some of the diesel benefits.

I also have been contemplating some of the diesel emission issues but they seem to be getting somewhat less prevalent these days.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
There's a separate site/forum for the Tremor guys. Seems as it's about the same kind of talk from people new to Fords, and diesels. There's plenty of good info over there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the forum info Heavy Assault.

I went to the local dealer today to see about ordering a 2021 Tremor which was a little disappointing. They told me that if I ordered today, I wouldn't see the truck until approximately 03/21. The delay is apparently apparently virus related. Also they said that the prices for a 2021's will be going up around $3,000 ouch!!

I may just see what 2020's are available and not worry about getting the Tremor. I think I'll be fine with an FX4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts