The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do heck does Trouble Code P0603 (Internal Circuit Mod. KAM error) mean?

Thanks,

Griz

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
Did you play with your tuner? Just means that the battery was disconected or you changed tunes on your Super Chip 1705.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you play with your tuner? Just means that the battery was disconected or you changed tunes on your Super Chip 1705.
Yes...I did both. So that code is thrown whenever you disconnect your battery or use a tuner?

Griz

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Yes...I did both. So that code is thrown whenever you disconnect your battery or use a tuner?

Griz
When you change tunes you will here the truck do some clicking. This is a "reset" that needs to be done to the PCM. No different than restarting a computer after new software is loaded.

P0603 is just telling you the KAM (keep alive memory) was reset.

When you do that, just clear codes and you will not see it until the next tune change.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you change tunes you will here the truck do some clicking. This is a "reset" that needs to be done to the PCM. No different than restarting a computer after new software is loaded.

P0603 is just telling you the KAM (keep alive memory) was reset.

When you do that, just clear codes and you will not see it until the next tune change.
Got it...I can sleep better now! :thumbsup:

Griz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, thanks! I have the P1316 code, pulled the driver side valve cover off to check harness. Reassembled and still have P1316, but then the P0603 showed up as well. Tomorrow is the passenger side. Have sure hoping I find the issue there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem with my UVC Harness. Ford has the upgrade to put a small plastic piece under the plastic spring clip to give it more elasticity, it costs roughly $15. Both my harnesses were lose and I still have the rough idle plus the thrown code, even after erasing it. So make sure you check your connections are tight at the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DTC code P0500

I have a 2001 F-350 which is showing a code for P0603 which from what I am reading could be me disconnecting the battery today, however I am also showing DTC code P0500. My OD light is flashing and the transmission isn't shifting correctly. I did replace my Brake control Modular (ABS) today, but on the test drive seemed fine. Now I'm getting the issues later in the day.

Orig Brake Module # 1C34-2C346-BE
Junk Yard Module # 2C34-2C346-BE (Notice the 1st digit is different.

Could this be my issue on the DTC P0500? If so, can I re-progam the PCM to accept this new ABS module

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts