The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys get your truck description of all your accessories at the end of your comments that is pretty cool, and i saw one as i was scrolling thru messages that had a highlight that you clicked on and is showed you a picture of his truck really cool!!!!got to go back and see who that was

·
Registered
303 Posts
Go to profile and fill out the signature line. when you post, check the box at the bottom that says "show signature" under the options.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
When you are doing your signature you can click on UBB code to have some special effects in the sig line.

Keith

BTW this will be closed and moved to Ford-diesel.com forum

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have been visiting your web site for about a month now there is alot to read and very informative however i guess i havn't read enough every time i do some thing i seem to get my self into trouble. i stay mostly on the 94-97 format page however I came to the 99 powertrain page and saw somebody had linked photos of their truck i thought that was cool, as i had just gone thru some of the photos in the photo section. i like being able to see the trucks some of the people i talk to drive. when I linked my picture keith quickly told me that my picture was a form of advertisment and was not allowed because i have my business name and phone# on my canopy windows so I pulled it off he also said when i got other photos with pictures of the front of my truck and other angles that did not show my company name so much that would be acceptable. i also noticed people added equipment and accessories in their signatures so at the same time I added accessories. then I was scolded again that i could only have 3 lines of signature so again I complied then I was reminded of it again by someone else I tried to delete the messages that had more than 3 lines to no avail. i havn't been on this site for a couple of days but today I just posted a reply on the cackle issue on the powertrain site and when i went back to read it i could not find the post so I don't know if it was accepted. so I will try it again now. and if it is not posted I will not return and will delete all my info.

Wolf

------------------
97 F-350 CC long bedhttp://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=759526&a=5528630 410 gears/auto trans/shimmed regulator/285/75/16 tires
The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it looks like it went thru this time i guess i,m just a smoking gun. i like your site just never liked authority.i guess you gotta do what ya gotta do.

------------------
97 F-350 CC long bedhttp://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=759526&a=5528630 410 gears/auto trans/shimmed regulator/285/75/16 tires
The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Ed,
Well put.

Wolf, Welcome aboard. We have all been "smoked" from time to time. Sorry smokey.

Bob

------------------
99.5SD PSD, CC, Black, 4X4Off Road, Lariat, Superchip Hot, Amsoil from front to back. My 99.5 Superduty Turbo Brake, A-Pillar with Trans Temp, Boost, and EGT Guages. www.bdzi.com/rileyenterprises

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hi WOLF,
Hang in there buddy. Please do not take this as critizium. Welcome to the forum and I'm a user just like you. It takes time to get used to the rules on our forum. On the advertisement issue we now have paid banners and other types of product adversiments. If too much adversiment is alowed in pictures we would have a conflict of intrest. The paying ones would have a legitamate complaint and would also want some freebes. Thats a nice white truck you have and you should be proud of it.
we have to have rules and regulations, that's what keeps the site informative and fun at the same time and also saves on data storage. When I first started out on this site I made a few boo boos and Smokey smoked me
, and I deserved it. I and another member got a little hot under the collar for a little bit and had started going back and forth at each other. I now realize that took up needed band space and was useless to the other members-unless they enjoyed us blasting each other
. We both moderated our ways. May I also add that I highly respect his posts now and he gives very detailed posts on mechanical items. Heck we even posts in the other board and I enjoy this now also and have the utmost respect for his opinions here-don't always agree with them as I am sure he doesn't agree with mine, but we now have civil debates and this makes the forum more enjoyable for all me included.
As the forum grows things have to change and so far the changes have been for the better of us overall.

Wolf I noticed that you are not bashful so look over the other sections and jump in with both feet and I believe you will also lean to enjoy the site more as I have.

Again please do not take this wrong.

If you would like to use the "SMILES" in your post, when making a reply, on the left side of the box where you type in the reply, you will see a line with smiles legend. Click on it and print out a copy of it. Makes them easy to use that way. I think we can use 8 now, but looks like that include the one where you start a reply at the top. I usually use 2 in my sign off sooooo I only have 5 left now?

s and the best to you,

Ed

------------------
Early 99-F250SC-PSD-LAR- other goodies.
NRA&TX.ST.RIFLE ASSC.-LIFER-NRA/ILA AND MEMBER-GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER-I DO VOTE!

[This message has been edited by H ED S (edited 05-13-2000).]

·
Registered
675 Posts
just a test post to check out my changes

------------------
Dave
99.5 350,XLT,PSD,Auto,4X4,CC,LWB,SRW,ABS,Captains Buckets, Loaded including Door Lights, Rotella T, Red Line D4 ATF & 75W140 Hypoid, Warn Black Diamond XT's, Smittybilt Steps, Line-X Liner Built 5/99 http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=240466

1 - 8 of 8 Posts