The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He guys. I'm having some running problems. I stopped for fuel yesterday and left my truck idling since it was hot and had my daughter in truck. After pumping fuel a couple of minutes later my truck surged at idle while sitting there at the pump. Then it idles up almost like high idle in the folder weather. I take off and come to a red light and almost but the car in front of me in the azz. It surged and the brake almost didn't hold it. It's never done this before. It does it hot or cold. One thing I noticed is it idles fine when I first start it, then after 30 seconds or so it surges and idles up. It's doing it about the time the turbo would start to cycle? I'm going to run it for codes today. Any help in the mean time would be appreciated. Early 04 f250 4x4 cc 6.0 psd 218k miles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need to add that the truck runs perfect above idle. It seems like the turbo is spooling up faster than normal. It's running like a raped ape going down the road.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More new info I have learned. The condition is getting worse and I have parked the truck. I have a CEL on now so have to pull codes. The truck is surging a little at hwy speeds now and is puffing thick black smoke on take off. Also puffs black smoke idling when it starts surging. EGR is unplugged, and I think I have the latest flash. This seems like a vgt problem to me but I have NO power loss. Any ideas before I can get the codes? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ford doctor is right, its the icp sensor for the second time in 5k miles. No more ebay sensors for me. This one was supposed to be a ford part but didn't appear to be when I came in. Now I'm sure it wasn't. I hate installing these sensors. My hands are too big for this job lol. I was worried it was something else this time. It didn't run this bad the last 2 times it failed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts