The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO here's the scoop. I changed my gem module to see if it would fix my lock issues (they all lock but wont unlock with power). it didn't but i left the new one in anyway. So recently both my dome lights came on but real dim when the truck is off or while driving they go off when I open the door or turn on the dome lights. The funny thing about that is that my rear dome light doesn't work yet it comes on with the other when the truck is as I explained previously. So I put my old GEM back in and I got nothing, The a bell chimes only with the key in the "on" position nothing else. I have no radio no light no ignition (not even a click). SO I put the other GEM back in an now I have the same result.I checked every fuse under the dash and hood and they're all fine. I was charging the batteries at the time other than that nothing unusual. I rechecked the connections and they are tight. What can I check next or does any one have any Ideas? I'm stranded at home it was my only running vehicle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I had an extra Fuse box that the GEM connects to. Its only about 6 months old but it made no difference

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
I can't help you much but when strange things start to happen on these newer vehicles with electronics the first that that I would start with checking are the grounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts