99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is this not happening any more?
Can we re-start it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the idea, it is just for fun. Come on guys, roger up so we can get this up again!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just like the idea, I think it is something interesting and fun that could add value to the site.

·
Registered
281 Posts
definitely! we do this same thing on a chopper forum that I'm part of and its great! you get to see how other people like to customize their rides and gives you ideas and thoughts

·
Administrator
1,321 Posts
The problem seems to be that there was a lack of interest the last time this was held. It's not looking too much better at this time with only three responders here :(

We'll leave this open for the weekend, hopefully some more people are online and see this and chime in. If there is more of a push for it, we'll see that we at least try it again once.

Dayle

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Yeah, I remember the last let's get it started again thread. That time we talked about getting sponsors to pony up prizes or a TDS T-shirt. I don't really see this going very far again, but one can hope :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
The problem seems to be that there was a lack of interest the last time this was held. It's not looking too much better at this time with only three responders here :(

We'll leave this open for the weekend, hopefully some more people are online and see this and chime in. If there is more of a push for it, we'll see that we at least try it again once.

Dayle
I think if we can get the attention of all those new people jointing TDS that will be a really good start. Is there any possibility to have something on the main page that will attract attention? Maybe just over the "Most popular discussion". Something like "TDS RIG OF THE MONTH".....

Yeah, I remember the last let's get it started again thread. That time we talked about getting sponsors to pony up prizes or a TDS T-shirt. I don't really see this going very far again, but one can hope :smile2:
From that thread we need to contact some sponsors and see if they are willing to give away some gift card.

Dayle, I know that when we start talking about money everything get more complicated but do you think that it will be possible to get a TDS T-shirt for the winner of each month? also if we get some sponsor on board with the gift card idea, is there any chance that TDS mach up the amount or half the amount..... Example 50$ gift card from X sponsors will TDS match the 50$ for a total of 100$? or half for a total of 75$ (we don't want to ruin TDS :grin2:)

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even if it is just for fun it would still be fun. Just doing it for fun does not cost anything, so why not do it?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yes gentlemen, let's do it again !!!!!

·
Administrator
1,321 Posts
I think if we can get the attention of all those new people jointing TDS that will be a really good start. Is there any possibility to have something on the main page that will attract attention? Maybe just over the "Most popular discussion". Something like "TDS RIG OF THE MONTH".....

From that thread we need to contact some sponsors and see if they are willing to give away some gift card.

Dayle, I know that when we start talking about money everything get more complicated but do you think that it will be possible to get a TDS T-shirt for the winner of each month? also if we get some sponsor on board with the gift card idea, is there any chance that TDS mach up the amount or half the amount..... Example 50$ gift card from X sponsors will TDS match the 50$ for a total of 100$? or half for a total of 75$ (we don't want to ruin TDS :grin2:)
We can start with the supporter status for winners to get the ball rolling. To get stuff to give away can get complicated but first we should show that its got some interest again.
-Philip

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We can start with the supporter status for winners to get the ball rolling. To get stuff to give away can get complicated but first we should show that its got some interest again.
-Philip

Okay, so lets get the interest built up and get the word out.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
-Philip

Ya for sure

And any way we can put it on the Home page so that we get more interest?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The more we talk about it the more people will be aware of it. I do not know how everyone else navigates this forum, but I always go to the "New Posts" tab and look at the stuff from the last day, and if we keep talking about this it will always show up in that area.

·
Administrator
1,321 Posts
Ya for sure
And any way we can put it on the Home page so that we get more interest?
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I will put in a request to add a news module to the home page. This will allow you to be able to have the winner posted to the home page. Will just need to get a mod or admin to help with posting the content there once it is set up.
-Philip
Case #2422800.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet, so are we going to start this with February, or March?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts