The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I'll be in but not until next month... I think the reality is though, we are going to need more than just the guys that responded in this thread for this to work....... I'm not sure what else we can do to promote this or get people interested in it. Anyone have any ideas?

Unfortunatly this site seems like it is on it's last legs, there is not much going on here. It would be nice to change that, I love this site.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I think the site is fine, I see a lot of new members showing up regularly, and there is a ton of knowledge here... just having trouble reviving this TOTM thing... not sure why.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Well, maybe the masses have spoken and maybe ROTM isn't interesting to very many people, IDK.

It would just be nice to have something going on here that's kind of fun and engages lots of members... something additional to the routine post a problem, post a fix.

I am impressed with the interest level of admins here to allow the members a voice. I'm part of another site (not truck related) and they have just let the site die, it was a VERY active site at one time. They've ignored every suggestion the members have offered....

Hopefully others will comment on this.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I have no idea why this is not more popular, I mean come on... You have an opportunity to get a picture of your truck up on here, and maybe get some recognition for having a nice vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
That's my point, either people aren't seeing it (which I doubt) or it's just not of interest to them. I think there might be more people than we realize that come here for help because they want to fix their truck or don't trust the garage so want some knowledge before they take it in, but they really don't have a love for their truck. They just want it to run right and/or get fixed on the cheap. Once it's fixed, it's just a means of transportation again. Maybe there are a bunch that have never posted a pic on a forum before and it's too much work & time in their mind to learn.

I don't have all the answers, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
Winter/Spring is going to be a bad time to run this type of contest unless you want all or the majority of owners to come from the southern areas where they don't really see winter.

In my area in Colorado it is still winter and who would want to pimp out their truck and get it all nice and shiny for a couple of pictures when the next day it is going to look bad again?

·
Super Moderator
25,072 Posts
Winter/Spring is going to be a bad time to run this type of contest unless you want all or the majority of owners to come from the southern areas where they don't really see winter.

In my area in Colorado it is still winter and who would want to pimp out their truck and get it all nice and shiny for a couple of pictures when the next day it is going to look bad again?
Yep, or covered in snow!!
But spring is just around the corner. :smile2:
Wait, that's called breakup up here, with dirt and slush on the roads and trucks. :SM002:

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
Also called "Mud Season"

If you pull off of the pavement you better be locked up in 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
281 Posts
is it too late to submit for March?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a suggestion for a topic: "Best whoops." Maybe something laid on its side, slid off the road, high-centered, or maybe stuck with a couple tires in the air. I know I've got my fair share of them pictures laying around.

·
Administrator
1,321 Posts
Themes can go both ways - they are great to get the creative juices flowing, but they can also limit the number of entries if it's not a common thing.

That said, I'm not against throwing in a theme every now and then. Let's see how April goes as an open contest, and we'll collect a few ideas from you all for a theme for May.

As for March entries, yes it is a little late BUT keep your eyes peeled for the APRIL entries thread that will be going up next week!!

Also, don't forget to VOTE for March ROTM! Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Poll Results

Dayle

61 - 76 of 76 Posts