The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Also this is a 2006 6.0 The truck started acting up yesterday after I pressure washed under the hood. The truck has no power it goes up to 25 pounds of boost at low speeds and then you hear the waste gate when you let off. The truck has been searching but not missing in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also this truck is a 2006 6.0

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Also this is a 2006 6.0 The truck started acting up yesterday after I pressure washed under the hood. The truck has no power it goes up to 25 pounds of boost at low speeds and then you hear the waste gate when you let off. The truck has been searching but not missing in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also this truck is a 2006 6.0

The code is for the exhaust pressure sensor - a high failure rate item over the years including the harness pigtail. Since you pressure washed your engine I suspect you simply got water into the sensor connection. I commonly find the harness connector is missing the rubber weather seal which if missing would allow water to easily enter the connection in this scenario. I recommend checking that first. ;)

The turbo flutter noise is a symptom of the sensor issue as turbocharger operation is highly dependent on the EP sensor data. The turbo is actually over boosting which makes the PCM defuel and even open the EGR valve to limit boost. This would explain the lack of power.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The code is for the exhaust pressure sensor - a high failure rate item over the years including the harness pigtail. Since you pressure washed your engine I suspect you simply got water into the sensor connection. I commonly find the harness connector is missing the rubber weather seal which if missing would allow water to easily enter the connection in this scenario. I recommend checking that first. ;)

The turbo flutter noise is a symptom of the sensor issue as turbocharger operation is highly dependent on the EP sensor data. The turbo is actually over boosting which makes the PCM defuel and even open the EGR valve to limit boost. This would explain the lack of power.
Hi pull the wiring harness of the sensor and it was wet it was a blue corrosion like that comes on a battery terminal. I cleaned it up and drive it off and haven't tested it yet but I might go take the time to get a new sensor wiring harness and clean the tube out. So thank you very much for your information

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi pull the wiring harness of the sensor and it was wet it was a blue corrosion like that comes on a battery terminal. I cleaned it up and drive it off and haven't tested it yet but I might go take the time to get a new sensor wiring harness and clean the tube out. So thank you very much for your information
Well I want to thank you again you were spot on with your information you been a big help

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
My pleasure to have been of assistance and I am glad that the cause was not to deep or difficult to diagnose. Just pay close attention to the wiring on the new wire connector when you replace it. It is easy to mix them up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My pleasure to have been of assistance and I am glad that the cause was not to deep or difficult to diagnose. Just pay close attention to the wiring on the new wire connector when you replace it. It is easy to mix them up.
Thank you very much I'll make sure I pay attention

·
Registered
106 Posts
...and save the pressure washing for the OUTSIDE of the vehicle, there is too much relying on the electrical system under the hood of these trucks to be using high pressure water on, a mild degreaser and a water hose will do a safer cleanup under the hood if you feel it needs that. There are others that may disagree but that's my 2cts.

Reactions: ford_doctor

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I agree with Mcrafty on the abstaining from pressure washing under the hood. it's a bit too aggressive although in this instance it turned to be a happy accident. Your wiring problem would have eventually shown itself. I frequently clean up after repairs under the hood with Simple Green and a garden hose with a spray nozzle. Works just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts